piper17

Old Round Engine A/C

In BM1 Val Thal is standing under the engine. One savvy pilot that girl. John Rostox or "Sox" holding the preller.

I am skinny and whenever I had a pair of pants shrink or bought too small Sox would take them. They'd hang off him like a sack. He didn't even participate in the "Wing Wars" He caused them!

In BM2 Joe Nepute is on top and Jack is on the side. This was taken at Deland during the 90 way attempts. Bird Machine blew out a sparkplug heli-coil and needed a replacement jug. I think Joe and Jack stayed up all that night and we got the 90 the following day.

jon

Anybody able to ID the other folk?

I dunno, but I have to ask, why did we wear our shorts so snug back then ? I'm still paying the price for that now if I stand up too quickly.

Hell, you still wear those shorts. The same damn pair.:D
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

I might be wrong, but I think that Our Douglas is the DC3 now at Eloy in their colors. A quick check of tail numbers might confirm that.

A quick check of tail numbers indicates that it is now registered to an individual in Miramar, FL and is listed as a turboprop aircraft.

HW

I might be wrong, but I think that Our Douglas is the DC3 now at Eloy in their colors. A quick check of tail numbers might confirm that.

A quick check of tail numbers indicates that it is now registered to an individual in Miramar, FL and is listed as a turboprop aircraft.

HW

I jumped one of those turbo prop DC3's once. It was fun, but it didn't seem quite right. Nothing fell off or anything.

I'd bet that photo was taken at the Cal City Airport, but I couldn't even guess when.

That Is Cal-City taken back in the early 80's, Jan once told me the N7500A (Our Douglas) was a survivor of "Operation Husky" where 23 C-47 & C-54s shot down by "Friendly Fire". Here's a couple pictures taken on the opening day at Skydive Apple Valley Ran By Joe and Rose Crotwell, taken in 1996, Jr. Pray was the pilot that day. Jan sold in a few years ago and it lives somewhere in the mid-west.
I hear Jan is back in Norway and not doing so well, has some kind of Cancer.

Only the good die young, so I have found immortality,

I'd bet that photo was taken at the Cal City Airport, but I couldn't even guess when.

". Here's a couple pictures taken on the opening day at Skydive Apple Valley Ran By Joe and Rose Crotwell, taken in 1996,

I was there that day.:)

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.