howardwhite

"Pointing"

I have already made a .mov file from Nick's DVD, edited out some "interesting" but irrelevant footage at the beginning, and done a little cleanup of some of the video. The whole thing now runs ~22 minutes (it was a TV show), and I have put it back on a DVD.
I'm going to mess with it a bit more, maybe include some "subtitles" to identify the participants, and figure out how to share.
It's a lot of fun, particularly for those who ever jumped at a PI center and especially at Orange in the 60s and 70s.
I also just got yesterday a VHS copy of "A Sport is Born," the Oscar-nominated short subject from 1960. It features what is probably the first freefall footage ever shown to a general audience -- shot by Lew Sanborn. Again, it's all shot at Orange SPC.
I'd rather have a copy of the original film if I could find one, but this will have to do for now. The color is awful and it was shot in Cinemascope, so on a TV screen it shows up horizontally compressed. I think I can fix this but need to spend some time on it.
Anyone who took (or taught) an FJC at any PI center almost certainly has seen this movie.
HW