2 2
skyjack71

D B Cooper Unsolved Skyjacking

Yes Mayfield called the FBI less than two hours after the jump.

To add to the mix, whoever Cooper was, when he jumped he did not know where he was. He jumped totally blind, in that he did not give direction to the crew nor did he ever ask for and update as to where the aircraft was at any point prior to the jump. If Cooper somehow knew the flight path and was counting on a dropzone along the flight path, he still would have had to ask for an update from the crew. And even then with the winds he would have been blown so far off the flight path there would have been little hope of hitting anything close to planned DZ.

With this I don't see how it is possible for Mayfield to have made the call.

Hey Ckret,

I have a question about the money Cooper received. I understand that every serial number of every $20 bill had been recorded prior to the money being handed over. And I understand that not one single bill of this money has ever surfaced in general circulation.

1. What was the procedure for looking for these bills?
2. Are they still being looked for? If not, when did the checking stop?

Edited to remove typo.

Yes Mayfield called the FBI less than two hours after the jump.

To add to the mix, whoever Cooper was, when he jumped he did not know where he was. He jumped totally blind, in that he did not give direction to the crew nor did he ever ask for and update as to where the aircraft was at any point prior to the jump. If Cooper somehow knew the flight path and was counting on a dropzone along the flight path, he still would have had to ask for an update from the crew. And even then with the winds he would have been blown so far off the flight path there would have been little hope of hitting anything close to planned DZ.

With this I don't see how it is possible for Mayfield to have made the call.

And maybe the FBI is still making mistakes.
You state assumptions, however probable, as facts and then stack them together to support a conclusion. There is no way to know that he had no idea where he was. Totally blind? Guess that explains the dark glasses.
What time exactly did he call?
The FBI does tests to come up with emperical evidence and timelines sometimes. Here?
I'm only interested in empirical evidence.
Speaking of opinions of I don't see how, So Cooper was badly injured enough that he hiked miles away from I-5 way up and over into a different (Washougal) drainage and then died. Money into a creek or several, bounced down into the Washougal and then Columbia and lands with rubber bands unbroken to be found burried, but never a body a buckle or a canopy. Likely?

I can understand the money being buried by a stream as it moves sand around. The rubber bands being intact is amazing.

Cash could be washed a long way down a hillside into a stream and travel in a bag, then buried by sand. (I've seen it happen to small boats in just days.) The rubber bands are a problem though.

He told the crew to travel at 10,000 ft.

At our dz, a group of ex-airborne guys regularly jumps rounds. A small wind carries them a horizontal distance that is multiples of their vertical opening altitude.

If he opened at 9,000 ft with a strong wind, he might could drift quite a ways in a storm.

In that storm and temperature, without protection, a lot of time aloft might have been fatal though.

However, that might account for the position of the cash.

btw if she was threatened, wouldn't the normal thing to do be to go to the cops? or get a protection order from the courts? or something?

>:(>:(I did tell the FBI more than once - the FBI just told me to call the local sheriffs Dept. I had not gone public at that time. JUST WHAT THE XXXX do YOU THING the Locals Could have done. THe individual threatening me did not live in this area! Only my friends, a private detective and relatives knew anything about what was going on.

>:(THis is the kind of thing Catcher put me thru before and I see that there are over 41 posts to go thru .

>:(FOR THE INFORMATION OF ANYONE INTERESTED THEY CAN GO READ THE FORUM THAT DBCOOPERCATCHER IS TALKING ABOUT - THEY WERE THE ONES ATTACKING ME. The proof is in the reading of that whole thread. I told you guys before that Catcher and his friend were in this thread - one of them got a 30 day lockout for his behavior. He was disruptive and remember his posts!
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

What EXACTLY did Cooper say when he requested 4 chutes? Did he say I want 4 parachutes? Did he use the words reserve or main or chest mount? I have always doubted that he was a skydiver, but there may be a clue in how he ordered his chutes. If he was a skydiver and died in the jump I think his absence would have been noticed and people would have started speculating, especially if he resembled the sketches. If he survived the landing, walked out and told no one, it would be damned tough to figure out who he was without a DNA match. He likely lost most or all of the money during the jump so he would not have been a conspicuous spender after the caper.
2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

In my butt-in opinion, the DNA on the tie is not a rock solid lock, but is much more than 'much less of a sure thing.' It would be enough to shut me up about this, permanently. No conspiracy theory talk..

----------------------------------------------------------
B|Well, my dear - it does not SHUT me up and it never will until the FBI talks to me. Just what do you think they got Duane's DNA from? - the FBI never told me what items they used to extract DNA - a few guys tried on those gloves at a garage sale, the tools were used by many, the metal of an old bridge had been washed and rinsed by me and put with our old gold and silver, the shaver had been cleaned by me and used by me and a friend of mine, the pipe had been in my mouth and the mouth of that same friend and a couple of people who viewed his collection besides Duane - there should have been 5 sets of DNA on that pipe (those pipes might be the only things that may have held his DNA as I was reluctant to let them go...but a few people did look at them and hold them in their mouth.) This is only a short rundown - and until the FBI informs me as to what items they extracted the same DNA from to decide what Duane's DNA was - I don't know that they have isolated his DNA. Remember I didn't understand what he had told me until 14 months later and I had cleaned and given things away. I sold things. I had a life and that included a couple of gentlemen friends. Yet, the FBI never asked me any questions about who else may have used the items.

:| I would have been nice if the FBI had informed me more than 24 before going public with their claim about the DNA. The old envelopes - we did not know if Duane sealed them or if someone from the prison did so. If DNA from one of those envelopes matched the DNA on the other items that could be conclusive.

[:/]NOW I HAVE HAD TO DIVULGE MY PRIVATE LIFE TO DEFEND MYSELF, BUT AT THIS STAGE OF THE GAME WHO GIVES A HOOT.

Ckret,

It would have been somthing the crew would have paid no attention to Cooper stowing a bag or retriving a bag cause it's somthing they see a thousand times a month.

__________________________________________________:)the FBI to check into the work background of Duane and one of this lady friends - both or one worked as PART of a cleaning crew at an airport. This is something he told me yrs ago. It was a brief employement.

:(Ckret are you listening?