outlawphx

Lowest D-Licence w/o Jumping Rounds

I joined USPA becuase the DZ I started going to required it.
I got a C license because I was going to travel, and thought it would help almost as much as the logbook (i.e. shows certain proficiency). I was also aiming at jumpmaster rating.
I got a D license for AFF (maybe just instructor, based on the date); otherwise I'd still have a C.

I'm no different from a whole lotta people at the time.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I joined USPA because the DZ I started going to required it.
I got a C license because I was going to travel, and thought it would help almost as much as the logbook (i.e. shows certain proficiency). I was also aiming at jump master rating.
I got a D license for AFF; otherwise I'd still have a C.

I'm no different from a whole lotta people at the time.

Wendy W.

When did you get your D Wendy?

My ole Buddy Kaptian K...sent in for his when we both qualified, and I think he's in the 5800 range...I just don't remember how long ago that was.;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Actually, in thinking a little harder, I might have gotten it for just plain old instructor; it's from early 1980 or very late 1979 (I even still have my original paper license card, with picture and everything).

AFF rating didn't come until 1982 or 1983 or something.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

You could, but there had to be a reason of some sort -- maybe our DZ wanted us to. If nothing else, three of us from the DZ spent an evening studying for the D license together -- why would we do that if not required for something?

Wendy W.

I didn't bother with a "D" until I needed it to get a "PRO"...so my number is D-13077...and I had close to 100 round jumps.

A lot of jumpers never got their "D" until it was required by USPA to compete at the Nationals. I know a bunch of old 10 ways jumpers that have a real low "C" number and a 5 digit "D" for that reason.

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

D-10182 Crutch
D-15598 FCAJump (no rounds except intentional cutaways after ~500)
D-15712 Outlawphx
D-22296 Marks
D-22691 Jumpergirl
D-23924 Upndownshop
D-18895 BillyVance

Also, jkwskydive (John Woo) has never jumped a round as far as I know and he's D-10554

Always remember that some clouds are harder than others...

Mojo
I see your D is 13077. Just as a reference ; I was able to jump with Jim Arender D-13 at the same NM dz with Dave Kramer D-13000 ...................J...........

???

How about D-5476?

I have jumped with Lew Sanborn D-1 and Jerry Bourquin D-22 and some people who haven't qualified for their D yet.

And my first 200 jumps were on rounds.
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

I'm D-589, never jumped a round.

Oh, right, but I'm with CSPA in Canada...

:)

But you have to understand, mental illness is like cholesterol. There is the good kind and the bad. Without the good kind- less flavor to life. - Serge A. Storms