murrays

Need a Ripcord for a B-4

Hi Ray,
Might have one in the archives, I guess you want a 4-pin with a "D" handle. Measure the R/C housing to be sure for the length.

What will you trade??

Do you need anything else for the rig?

What is the date of manufature and Mfgr. ?? is the canopy a 4-color, orange and white candy stripe, or "fan-blade?" One I'd love to see again is an old all white "NAVAIRFAC" 28' C-9 with the anchor stamps in blue parachute ink on the "C" pannel of each gore!! Saw one a guy had years ago that he bathtub dyed the bottom 1/3 blue (including the lines) and the top 1/3 red (or was it the other way around??) anyway, he called it his "Uncle Sam" rig.
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

Hi Bill,

I'll get the ripcord housing measurements for you tomorrow.

Trade....Hot dog pilot chute with a Safety Star freebag attached? Or, how about a kicker plate? Might have something else but I'll have to dig around.

Murray
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

I need a ripcord for the B-4 container I recently acquired. The cones' centers are 5 1/4 inches apart. Does anybody have a spare they could part with?

If Skybill can't come up with one, I've got what I'm pretty sure is a B4 ripcord sitting here in front of me ... odd what stuff turns up in the basement gear bags!

Send the measurements to me if you think you need this one.

Yahoo!! My young jumper buddy that gave me the rig took a look through his stuff today after I told him that the ripcord was missing and found it!

So, I'm good to go......if it will ever stop snowing in this godforsaken province.. :(

Thanks to all for your help.....fortunately I didn't need it this time.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

Hi Ray,
Good you found the Ripcord!! Now you need a chest reserve!!!!!! If you really want to look the "period" when you jump it, you'll need a pair of mechanics coveralls (all good skydivers jumped in them in the old daze!) a pair of combat boots with 550 cord for laces and an old football helmit (like the one Jack Nickelson wore in EZ Rider!) Take Pictures!!!!
PS Practice your PLF's!!!! The landing ain't like no ram-air!!
PPS Oh yes, like pics of the old daze, tuck your jumpsuit legs in the top of your combat boots like the Airborne guys do!!!!
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

Hi Bill,

I have a chest mount with a 24' reserve and a 70's era jumpsuit....there might be a pair of paraboots in the clubhouse attic, hopefully they'll fit. I'm going to wear my camera helmet for video under the 7TU.

I'll practice my plfs again...I brushed up last summer before jumping a Dactyl for the first time. I'm not so worried about landing the thing as I am about spotting for it. It's been a long, long time.

Thanks for your offers to help Bill. Much appreciated.
--
Murray

Got one ... that's the same logbook I used for my first jumps.

Looks like I'm darn near ready to go....
--
Murray

"dash two" floats up out of my dusty memory bin.

On the handle where the cable goes through
there used to be a "-1" or a "-2".

The "-2"s were longer and there was some
combination of housing and "-1" where you
could pull the rig by stretching the housing.

Talk about arcane lore! :-) :-)

Skr

"dash two" floats up out of my dusty memory bin.

On the handle where the cable goes through
there used to be a "-1" or a "-2".

The "-2"s were longer and there was some
combination of housing and "-1" where you
could pull the rig by stretching the housing.

Talk about arcane lore! :-) :-)

Skr

Skr

You still the mann BabyB|

Who said old brains cell die.

I got a 4 pin I take to bed every night (don't ask). I checked it and there's a "D" stamped on one side of the flat spot of the handle and a "2" on the other side in the exact location you described.:o

Don't have a clue where we got the handle from since haven't jumped a B-4 in 4 decades. but it does come in usual for all kinds of things.

Very impressive skratch:)

R.I.P.

about

> there's a "D" stamped on one side

Oh, yeah, I forgot about the "D".

> But how far can you swoop

Well, I try not to make these new guys feel
inadequate but there's a picture of me swooping
about three screens down in

http://indra.net/~bdaniels/ftw/index.html

It's called "1998 - Turf Surfing?? Did You Say Turf Surfing??"

and it's here

http://indra.net/~bdaniels/ftw/turf_surf.html

Actually it's been a long time so I'm not entirely
sure that's me, but it is in my imagination, and
that's close enough for a jump story :-) :-)

Skr