jaymundo

Chet Poland!!!

Every year on his travels Chet would stay at Xenia for a while.
He loved to mow the grass and would spend hours on the tractor never seeming to tire of it.
I had the misfortune of running over and killing Chet's beloved dog Susie. Susie was cremated , placed in a tin can and travelled with Chet in his van in a place of honor on his dashboard. Susie was replaced with a Susie Mark 2.
Chet and my son James did many tandems together, one picture of the pair making the centre fold of Parachutist.
Thanks for posting this thread, brings back lots of bitter sweet memories.
I don't care how many skydives you've got,
until you stepped into complete darkness at
800' wearing 95 lbs of equipment and 42 lbs
of parachute, son you are still a leg!

Who could forget that cool ole dude.I can vividly remember thinking...thats me... if I make it that old.;)

I remember him at Muskogee in the early 80s. He had some very unique items for sale, and I still have some. :)
Russell M. Webb D 7014
Attorney at Law
713 385 5676
https://www.tdcparole.com

I remember Meeting Chet for the first time , Smitty the jumper talked of him often and I had known of him because I read when I was young that he was the one that packed the chutes on the apollo missions , Smitty introduced me to chet At the Nats in Muskogi and I will never forget the day Smitty told me that Chet had passed on , Well they are both together now probably talking up a storm .
Blue skies ! !
Chuck