tonybrogdon

Perris Valley Skydiving Society

I have a great pic of the pilot (and his girl friend) looking bloodied and pissed off (probably at me for taking his picture at that time). Ahh......... good times. What a year that was. Also have a great shot of the SCAT otter (anyone remember that?)

---------------------
Sanath

I challenge you to a game of trivia! Click here to battle against me online at ConQUIZtador. Let's see who's the winner... https://www.conquiztador.com/?a=26041

I still have my card. It is dated 12-19-87 so i probably got it just before it went back to a regular dropzone. According to the logbook we made 2 jumps from a QueenAir there. I was a regular jumper at Cal City then and we appreciated the business from Perris at the time.

Tony,

Don Balch and I did AFF out of the mimi.

Don Balch was my FJC instructor on May 7, 1983. He was running the Falcon Parachute School at Eagle Field in South Dos Palos, CA near Los Banos. I still have the ribbon from the class. My first couple jumps were on a 35' round canopy. I have pictures to prove it.
He was quite an animated instructor. He scared the crap out of one student with shouted "How are you going to pull that handle!!!". The correct answer was a shouted "Like my life depends on it!!!". An Iranian dude in the class got up, walked out of the class, hopped in a nice Porshe 911, and took off. He didn't even try to get a refund. The rest of the class was too stunned to say anything. Once the beer started flowing after the jumping, the incident became quite funny.
Eagle Field was quite an interesting DZ. Lots of funny shit happened there. When the DZ was forced to move (if you don't pay the rent, you get booted off the airport) one of the porta-potties met its end with a huge explosion. Mendota didn't have the same vibe. It was too close to town and there was no hot tub.

Last I heard, Don was still with Robin and was breeding dogs of some sort. Is he still around?