murrays

Landing the Dactyl (Video)

Ok, I have all of 1 jump on a Dactyl before this one so I figured I'd try and stand it up....shoulda PLF'd but no harm done. Man does the ground ever come up fast at the end!:S

I weigh 165-170 without gear.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

I borrowed it from Tom McCarthy of Skydive Gananoque. (You finally getting a good night's sleep in Calgary Ian?)
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

Hi Murray

Had a little problem with the video but the audio was priceless even without the video.

Finally got the video to work the landing IMO didn't look that bad if your young enough. Looks like a nice job for your second jump on a new type:P canopy.

I never jumped one (part of my dorment period, and now no way Jose. To old, to fat, to wise.;)

R.I.P.

Herby Graves lent me a dactyl for a water demo at False River.He put it in a nb8 container with a belly wart.It had a strap/velcro affair wrapped around it.Surprised the shit out of me watching it open:oMy God...How am I still alive.....Just strap anything on and jump:S

Too coolB|, I've been bitten by the vintage gear bug, I did my first all vintage gear jump back in april, surplus B-12, 28' Jumbo PC, belly wart/26' navy conical.
Wow! What a rush:)My friend Dale S., DZO of skydive Tulsa has a T-Bow (Thunderbow) that he's gonna let me jump next time I'm up there. That aught to be a real blast!
I have another friend who has a Dactyl that I'm gonna try too.

The Richmond Boogie puts up all round loads every year and always seem to need jumpers to jump'em, come jump a round..... Or a triangle:D.
Tell'em Chile sent'ya.... I may be there myself, never know...

I have to convince my accountant (Wife) to let me buy some vintage gear for my very own.

ChileRelleno-Rodriguez Bro#414
Hellfish#511,MuffBro#3532,AnvilBro#9, D24868

Too coolB|, I've been bitten by the vintage gear bug, I did my first all vintage gear jump back in april, surplus B-12, 28' Jumbo PC, belly wart/26' navy conical.
Wow! What a rush:)My friend Dale S., DZO of skydive Tulsa has a T-Bow (Thunderbow) that he's gonna let me jump next time I'm up there. That aught to be a real blast!
I have another friend who has a Dactyl that I'm gonna try too.

The Richmond Boogie puts up all round loads every year and always seem to need jumpers to jump'em, come jump a round..... Or a triangle:D.
Tell'em Chile sent'ya.... I may be there myself, never know...

I have to convince my accountant (Wife) to let me buy some vintage gear for my very own.

I know why I jumped some of that shit, I am trying to figure out why you guy are.:P:S:S:S

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

I know why I jumped some of that shit, I am trying to figure out why you guy are.:P:S:S:S

Wow! What a rush :)

Something old made new... To me;)
Feeling the adrenaline spike... >:(
The "Experience/Adventure"... B|

ChileRelleno-Rodriguez Bro#414
Hellfish#511,MuffBro#3532,AnvilBro#9, D24868

Sparky

Hehe!

I have also found a conventional rig with capewells and a competition PC in it and a front mount 24 foot "swinger" reserve. The main doesn't scare me...but the thought of using those capewells and that reserve sure as hell does! I was going to jump the full conventional setup but have decided that I would prefer to pack the pc into a d-bag in a student rig so that I have a 3-ring cutaway and a square reserve.

I've realized my nostalgia only extends to old mains and not the rigs themselves.
--
Murray

Sparky

Hehe!

I have also found a conventional rig with capewells and a competition PC in it and a front mount 24 foot "swinger" reserve. The main doesn't scare me...but the thought of using those capewells and that reserve sure as hell does! I was going to jump the full conventional setup but have decided that I would prefer to pack the pc into a d-bag in a student rig so that I have a 3-ring cutaway and a square reserve.

I've realized my nostalgia only extends to old mains and not the rigs themselves.

Spend some time in a hanging harness with the capewells. They work just fine. If you need to go to the 24' ask someone to show you how to take a hook knife and make a "4 line release" out of it and the swing will go away.
Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals