AS1

Jumping near the Eiger in Switzerland

I seem to remember a few years ago there was an outfit running helicopter jumps from Lauterbrunnen. Despite a thorough trawl of the internet I can't find anything. We're looking to jump close to the Eiger (not BASE thanks). Anyone know if a helicopter can be hired specifically for this or where to start looking? Thanks...

I was lucky enough years ago to be able to ski
the Klienasheidig,,,spelling may be wrong, which allows you to ski in the shadow of the Eiger. It was a great time for me because I love the movie...and the book the White Spider...If you haven't read it you should.
Good luck with your effort.
lt
tom #90 #54 #08 and now #5 with a Bronze :-)

Jumping the Eiger is awesome, it is probably my favorite BASE jump ever...

But, down in the valley (Lauterbrunnen), there is a helicopter business, Air Glaciers. They fly two or three heli every day all day long.

They will make a cargo trip to the Eiger or some other place, land and then fly a tourist flight, then land and fly a search and rescue flight, then land and fly a skydiving flight, etc. It is amazing to watch them and how versatile their operations are.

They are flying around all day long. In the hangar next to Air Glaciers, there is the skydiving operation. The tandems are expensive, but I think they allow fun jumps too (at a price). I have been on the exit point for BASE in the valley and looked up to see a skydiver opening above us... It would be an awesome skydive. I think this is the operation posted above... I have walked thru their landing area, they always seemed nice.

I don't think I ever have seen them land anywhere other than by the assigned landing area near the heliport.

EDIT: I hope that they have not closed down. If you want to call Air Glaciers to see if they are still partnered with a skydiving outfit: http://airglaciers.ch/lauterbrunnen/airglaciers.htm. I have their number in my phone as +0338560560. (It is a good number to have if you are a BASE jumper as you call before a jump to make sure the airspace is clear, and they would be a good search and rescue call too... They always spoke English when I called, enough to communicate.)