Hallur

skydiving fatalities page

Im wondering about the www.skydivingfatalities.com, i used to read it but it hasnt been updated in while. The last fatality on the pageis, non US is in june and in US its dated in may, ive heard about death since then so I was wondering..Is there another site like it or will it get going again. There is alot to learn from many mistakes in the sport but if we dont hear about them we cant learn from them. .....blue skies and black death....Hallur

When I stop skydiving is the day that I die!!! Hallur

Barry Brummit's a busy guy. I'll email him and ask him what his plans are for the site.

mh
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

Hi BPO, its just not the same setup,as it is in the s.fatalities page it starts with date it happend,then where it happened, info on jumpers skydiving career, type of jump, what gear and equipment,loading of canopy if the accident whas in relation with canopy contol and then you get what went wrong and most important what could have been done diffirently if there was anything that could have change the outcome. All these informations can give many people some assistance in understanding many bad sitiations, both sitiations they have heard and learned about and scenes they maybe never thought of.... I just feel that Barry did a great job making those pages and I myself learned alot from them, but of course i understand its a matter of having sparetime, it must take alot of time gathering all that info and analyzing it. ...Safe landings .....Hallur:)

When I stop skydiving is the day that I die!!! Hallur

Hi BPO, its just not the same setup,as it is in the s.fatalities page it starts with date it happend,then where it happened, info on jumpers skydiving career, type of jump, what gear and equipment,loading of canopy if the accident whas in relation with canopy contol and then you get what went wrong and most important what could have been done diffirently if there was anything that could have change the outcome. All these informations can give many people some assistance in understanding many bad sitiations, both sitiations they have heard and learned about and scenes they maybe never thought of.... I just feel that Barry did a great job making those pages and I myself learned alot from them, but of course i understand its a matter of having sparetime, it must take alot of time gathering all that info and analyzing it. ...Safe landings .....Hallur[:)

]

I built the data driven version of the fatalities website and host it. Barry is responsible for the content but as you mentioned, he hasn't updated it since May. Last I heard from him his life was really in a whirlwind. I'll check with him and see what his plans are. Perhaps he'd like to relagate the updating of the site to someone else.