iranianjumper

jump from paraglider

There was a California jumper who died last year jumping from a paraglider, because it couldn't climb high enough for a normal safe opening altitude, and because of the low airspeed he had to freefall for a while to get up to the airspeed he needed for parachute deployment, and then was too low to get his parachute open in time before impact.

Good luck!

This is not entirely true. I know some guys that did some jumps of paragliders in the Swiss Alps. I am currently trying to organise some more jumps, the freefalldelays aren't great but pull altitude is safe enough, considering you start of mountains 2000-3000m high with the valley being at 400-500m. Can't give more exact details, just trying to get everything working in a safe way. But don't risk anything, be on the safe side. You have to consider that those jumps are dead air jumps, you need time to recover before pulling. Blue Skies

Hellis

***How is exiting an aircraft more of an fixed-object-parachuting related question?

I don't think too many has jumped from a paraglider with a skyrig, there is not enough altitude.

I watched a jumper do this at Torrey Pines with a cutaway paraglider setup and a BASE rig. He was quite low for a skydive but very respectable altitude for a BASE jump, of course it was NOT technically a BASE jump.

Some people on the beach called emergency services when they saw a PG pilot fall and the wing blow back onto the ground. He was instructed to stop by the gliderport management.

It was cool watching him chop while I was in the air with him.