jcadiver

Where to jump close to Nashville, TN

It's a trek but i did my first jump at the tender age of 16 at Skydive Paris. But the clostest DZ to Nashville would be Tullahoma, the King air is there. And there used to be a DZ north of Nashville over the KY border. Never been to either of those but Paris was a nice little Cessna DZ. I grew up in Murfreesboro just south of Nashville if you have any questions about the area.
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all who wander are lost.

As they have only operated once, you could say it is ALWAYS a Caravan.:P

To the OP, there are several places, none are close to downtown. Depends on where your staying in the city. South side or east side, go to Tullahoma or Cullman (a bit longer drive), North side and west side, go to Russellville or Clarksville (a bit longer drive). There is a bunch from east side who go to Skydive Smoky Mountains.

Again you just have to drive a bit for each. I have been here in the area for 9 years and can fill ya in on any other questions you may have.

An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

clarkesville Tn, outlaw field

I believe its just under an hour from nashville
jump plane is turbine, usually caravan.

Of course I expected this from a skyride supporter. :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Call before you go to Tullahoma. They dont operate every weekend, and sometimes its a cessna and a lot of students. If the king air is there, you might have a handful of fun jumpers to jump with. Its 90 min Southeast of Nashville.

When I'm in Nashville and I want to go fun jump, I go to Skydive Alabama. 2 hours south on I-65. King Air, fun jumpers, good vibe.

Call before you go to Tullahoma. They dont operate every weekend, and sometimes its a cessna and a lot of students. If the king air is there, you might have a handful of fun jumpers to jump with. Its 90 min Southeast of Nashville.

When I'm in Nashville and I want to go fun jump, I go to Skydive Alabama. 2 hours south on I-65. King Air, fun jumpers, good vibe.

Best vibes for that drive from Nashville. :)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

i'm not real sure what you mean by "you expected that from a skyride supporter" I was simply giving the info on the DZ in clarkesville. Not really sure why your post was neccessary billy?

was my post wrong in some way?
By the way I say usually a caravan because i'm familiar with the operation and sometimes they substitute the caravan with a king air. So dont be surprised if a King air is there instead of caravan.
I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll burn your fucking packing tent down.

i'm not real sure what you mean by "you expected that from a skyride supporter" I was simply giving the info on the DZ in clarkesville. Not really sure why your post was neccessary billy?

It's a Skyride DZ. Oh, didn't anybody know that? :P

How could we not know you posted it here:P

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3133322;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

I guess they may have been flying today, after the snow storms we had here Friday I am amazed the landing areas aren't just mud.

An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

Tullahoma trader now huh. I seeya.:PB|

:P You know I love jumping in Tullahoma. But you also know I don't love waiting around all day for a solo slot in the cessna. If we can get some notice on a king air weekend, I'd come up to visit. :)