ChickenSandwich

Is there a complete/current list of boogies?

Like Spence said.. What is a Boogie??

How do you determine what is just a Local Event and what is a Full Boogie?

To me if its a full week long... it qualifies as a Boogie.. anything else is just a party with a little jumping thrown in.

I edited this, because I respect your experience, but TO ME that is a statement limited to just the number of days the event is held. Not what the event is.

Lack of experience........BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That was funny.....

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yup so was your evaluation of what a boogie is. BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA:)
And to folks reading this, LP, Couch Freaks, Richmond and a couple of others have a great place in our sports history and always will.

Yup lack of experience, at least it read like it.

Still laughing here.. it reads like perhaps you have not been to many others than your own that you advertise.

Lost Prarie....Couch Freaks....Richmond.. good start on a list but you have to add a few others.

Basically you have all the boogies that revolve around various Holidays in the Spring Summer Fall and Winter.

I heard a rumour once that Perris has a boogie or two during the year... Easter.. Thanksgiving...Christmas

Empuria for Easter

WFFC

Lost Praire

Couch Freaks

Richmond

Z Hills for the Turkey thing

Eloy for Christmas

Zhills for Christmas

Empuria for Christmas

I will keep Chicks Rock as an Event.. or a Happening...and one hell of a Party with a LOT of jumping;)

I realize its hard for a Texan.. but there ARE a few boogies outside of Texas... you need to get out more perhaps.

Still laughing here.. it reads like perhaps you have not been to many others than your own that you advertise.

Lost Prarie....Couch Freaks....Richmond.. good start on a list but you have to add a few others.

Basically you have all the boogies that revolve around various Holidays in the Spring Summer Fall and Winter.

I heard a rumour once that Perris has a boogie or two during the year... Easter.. Thanksgiving...Christmas

Empuria for Easter

WFFC

Lost Praire

Couch Freaks

Richmond

Z Hills for the Turkey thing

Eloy for Christmas

Zhills for Christmas

Empuria for Christmas

I will keep Chicks Rock as an Event.. or a Happening...and one hell of a Party with a LOT of jumping;)

I realize its hard for a Texan.. but there ARE a few boogies outside of Texas... you need to get out more perhaps.

What little you know, I have been to all on your list except Empuria and Richmond

Been to Perris, Chicks Rock, Long Island, CPI, Kansas, MRVS, Twin Cities, 7 Hills, AOT, Atlanta, Mullins, The Farm,Lake Wales, New Orleans,Moss Point (where you and I met), Brazil, Mile-Hi, CSC, CrossKeys, Keys, Miami, Chester, ACDZ, MOAB, Dublin, SD La, Skys the Limit, The Ranch, Pepperell, Jumptown, Green County, Sturgis, Dodge County, Deland, Titisville, Chicagoland, Chicago, Kingman, Herlong, Houston, San Marcos, SD Dallas, East TX, Muskogee, Tahlequah, Dallas Parachute Association (in the 60's to the 80's) .............shall I keep going????

My reference to the ones being a part of our history were to ones around 30 years or more, not many can say that. I figured you would have caught that.

I was only replying to the way you defined a boogie as more that a week, which only a couple on your list fit your own definition as a boogie???:S:S:S

Just because an event doesnt have massive advertising or is not known where all the "cool" people go (and kill themselves), god forbid, doesnt make it a beer fest.....
Would you like me to list all the A/C Ive jumped too? Oh and they were at those non boogie beerfest you speak of, you know like a WWII 1942 T6Trainer, 1953 C195, 1942 Champ, Beaver, C47, you get the point...
Still laughing? I think we have made out points here.

Boogie on folks, no matter how long the event is, just be safe.

.............shall I keep going????

Please do if it makes you feel better:P

Pssst I travel a LOT.. and have a fairly long list of places I have jumped and a VERY long list of aircraft I have jumped from as well.....

All of the ones I posted last at least a week.. or I would have posted more;);)

I would come to a boogie in Texas.. if it met the criteria.. had good weather... and was fun.. but Yall want to make all your "boogies" too short.. and in the middle of hot stifling humid summer thunderstorm weather... 100+ temps with 95 percent + humidity just does not hold the same attraction to me asw when I started jumping in FL in the early 70's.

Lost Prairie is not a boogie, it's a family reunion...dysfunctional of course!;)

I love being a member of that dysfunction even if you do kick my ass at poker:D:D:D:D:D:D
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

.............shall I keep going????

Please do if it makes you feel better:P

Pssst I travel a LOT.. and have a fairly long list of places I have jumped and a VERY long list of aircraft I have jumped from as well.....

All of the ones I posted last at least a week.. or I would have posted more;);)

I would come to a boogie in Texas.. if it met the criteria.. had good weather... and was fun.. but Yall want to make all your "boogies" too short.. and in the middle of hot stifling humid summer thunderstorm weather... 100+ temps with 95 percent + humidity just does not hold the same attraction to me asw when I started jumping in FL in the early 70's.

And no I shall not, didnt want to in the first place, I hate typing!!LOL

Yeah I know you travel a lot as well, I think we have been to at least two places at the same time, just cant remember the second one. Also I completely understand about the TX heat, oddly enough it never reached over 90 during the 07 event, of course the humidity did. UGGHH.

I might have a surprise for you in regards to the location of the next SF, you are upper north east, is that right? If so you may not have an excuse this time, well except it will still only be 5 days. :(:(

Be well

Like Spence said.. What is a Boogie??

How do you determine what is just a Local Event and what is a Full Boogie?

To me if its a full week long... it qualifies as a Boogie.. anything else is just a party with a little jumping thrown in.

I edited this, because I respect your experience, but TO ME that is a statement limited to just the number of days the event is held. Not what the event is.

See here

I think it actually combines ALL those definitions. ;);)

:D:D:D

Oh, and as my lovely brother said, a dysfunctional family reunion. B|B|
'Shell

I might have a surprise for you in regards to the location of the next SF, you are upper north east, is that right? If so you may not have an excuse this time, well except it will still only be 5 days.

Nope. wrong corner of the country...I live up here in Americas version of crappy English weather.... where the weather guy makes a big deal because we had over 60 days in a row where the temperature is over 70 degrees...

That is one reason I pick and choose very carefully where I travel to for events.... I get enough shitty weather up here.... BUT we do get really good at canopy control...... Hop and Pops.... aaarrrrggghhh..
So when I do travel I want some full altitude so I can rip up the sky....and get a few speed jumps in.....I like chasing that demon that lives out there beyond 300 MPH

That is hard to do at most boogies... but heck I try to get a few in early in the morning when people are still hung over.;)

oh and... if you can keep a secret.. in summer..... there is some AWSUM blue skies...and the air is kinda wierd... you have to have faith that it exists... since you cant see it like most places nowadays;)

I might have a surprise for you in regards to the location of the next SF, you are upper north east, is that right? If so you may not have an excuse this time, well except it will still only be 5 days.

Nope. wrong corner of the country...I live up here in Americas version of crappy English weather.... where the weather guy makes a big deal because we had over 60 days in a row where the temperature is over 70 degrees...

That is one reason I pick and choose very carefully where I travel to for events.... I get enough shitty weather up here.... BUT we do get really good at canopy control...... Hop and Pops.... aaarrrrggghhh..
So when I do travel I want some full altitude so I can rip up the sky....and get a few speed jumps in.....I like chasing that demon that lives out there beyond 300 MPH

That is hard to do at most boogies... but heck I try to get a few in early in the morning when people are still hung over.;)

oh and... if you can keep a secret.. in summer..... there is some AWSUM blue skies...and the air is kinda wierd... you have to have faith that it exists... since you cant see it like most places nowadays;)

Oh yes I knew that, Im getting old I tell ya.
Hmmmm maybe we could do a speed comp during the event for you, I might have some pull with the organizer to make that happen.;)

Oh and we will be giving away free skydives...ooops did I say that outloud:P.....I should have dates and local. released very soon.