dresherr

Any Instructors in SoCal area?

I am currently in high school and would love to skydive!!!!!! Skydiving is pretty much my biggest goal in life. The only problem is I am only sixteen (16). I want to excel at skydiving and be the best I can be at it. Hopefully become an instructor.
I have contacted many drop zones and no instructor is willing to take on a student as young as I am. My mother has no problem with signing the proper papers to let me (a minor) skydive. Is there any Instructor out there that is willing to take me on and teach me to be the best???
I am hard working and very dedicated. I am very serious about this post. If any one can help, please contact me ASAP at [email protected], [email protected], or reply to this post! Thank you very, very much!

Well, while you have admirable goals, the problem is going to be your age. If I'm not mistaken, in California you have to be the age of legal majority (18) in order to skydive.

Your parents will not be able to sign a waiver on your behalf to let you skydive before your 18th birthday.

Some states will let you skydive at 16 with parental waiver but I do not believe CA is one of them.

Kris
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

The problem ios not skydiving it is the law.In California it is not legal for a parent to sing away the rights of a minor. That means that if you were to get hurt that while your parents could not sue EVERYONE, you could the day that you turned 18. Sorry. If you are serious about jumping GO to the tunnel and learn. A tunnel will be coming to SOCal soon and you can be a tunnel rat. You will be an awsome flier but will have to wait until youre 19th birthday to take the big step. Good Luck
Chris

If you're serious, spend the next 2 years in the wind tunnel. One is going up at Perris, CA and will be operational by April 2003.

If you play your cards right, you'll already be one bitching skydiver by the time you'll be allowed in the air at age 18! B|

More about Wind Tunnels for you to research...

ltdiver
AFFI '02

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Much as I hate to be seen to agree with someone who'd call himself CrazyIvan (kidding :P), the man has a very good point here: make at least one skydive before entering a wind tunnel.

Richy has limited options of course, but in general I find myself starting to like the idea of TIAF more and more. Get them in freefall first, teach them to save their live second, if they like it, they can learn to fly.

(I started on the static line. I had sensory overload served in small portions at a time. Does it show?)

Johan.
I am. I think.