kootmando1979

Skydiving Vacation

I was planning on making a trip down to Florida in the winter with a couple of friends to go skydiving. That trip has been cancelled due to injuries. I still want to go so I'll be making the trip by myself. I'm a new jumper and am worried about all the new jumper things. (i.e. will I be able to find people to jump with) Any recommendations as to where to go…it doesn’t have to be Florida, just somewhere warm?

Arizona has the best winter weather anywhere in the continental US. I usually jump at Desert Skydiving Center in Buckeye, a smaller family feeling DZ. Always someone to jump with. There is another, larger DZ here, Eloy. Have had fun there as well and, after my first visit as a licensed skydiver, have had fun jumping with others there.
"I'm not lost. I don't know where I'm going, but there's no sense in being late."
Mathew Quigley

it stays pretty warm here in Texas during the winter. as for finding people to jump with. just tell manifest you're intersted in doing some (instert discipline of choice here) jumps and i'm sure they'll point you in the right direction. you coulds also post here or email the DZ you plan to visit to look for people to jump with.
diamonds are a dawgs best friend

Arizona has the best winter weather anywhere in the continental US.

No they don't, it gets freakin' cold in the winter. I jumped at the Eloy boogie with 3 layers of clothes on and was still freezing!

To the OP...the winter is the "season" in Fl, so there should be a lot of people hanging around at all of the dz's. What time period are you looking at? We could probably help you find some boogies to go to.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Arizona has the best winter weather anywhere in the continental US.

No they don't, it gets freakin' cold in the winter. I jumped at the Eloy boogie with 3 layers of clothes on and was still freezing!

To the OP...the winter is the "season" in Fl, so there should be a lot of people hanging around at all of the dz's. What time period are you looking at? We could probably help you find some boogies to go to.

You call 75 and sunny and calm too cold?

:P

Z-hills and Sebastian both have boogies after Christmas. Try to go to both of them!

And Brandon...it was in the 60's when I was in Arizona and I don't remember there being very much sun. :P

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Don't listen to all those warm climate people. Go to Eloy. I see from your profile that you're from Idaho. Take shorts, it's going to seem hot. We were there last January. It was 60's in the AM and mid 70's after noon, zero when we left home, so it seemed really warm. The locals were in heavy clothes because it was so cold to them.
Enough about weather. There are plenty of organizers to get you set up in any discipline you want. Basically everything you need is right there. I won't go so far as to say the food is the best or service the fastest but it's just a short walk.
But, Florida is good too.
It's a gift, I don't try to explain it.

Ditto,
People from Florida think 70 is cold. Don't blame them because there is a difference due to the humidity. My in-laws live in Florida and wear sweaters in the house when they come to visit and that's after I turn the heat to 72! I'm originally from NY. Gone to Florida in winter wearing short sleeves in 65 degrees and seen them bundled like eskimos. Plus check out the average monthly rain fall. AZ in that time of year is next to Nil! Florida can't say that. Go to AZ;)