PhreeZone

RSL and two canopies out

RSL debate again?!!!
This topic is like a merry-go-round. Poping every two months.

I started skydiving in 1968 and SCUBA in 1971. Equipment was simple and not really that reliable. The sports were small in participants because they were restricted to those with the skill, talent and balls to do them. Now the wonder of science has allowed the half-wits, stoners and incompetents to enter our sport. Look at the fatality reports...technology advance is giving us diminishing returns.

There is a solution to the increased number of fatalities...stay in the airplane!

Wrong on 2 counts:

1. Read some of Pat Works' stuff from the 60's and 70's before concluding that stoners are new in skydiving.

2. At least in the US, the fatality rate has decreased dramatically over the last 20 years.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Make an informed decission, but few people have an excuse NOT to use an AAD and an RSL...

Just cameramen, SkySurfers an CReW Jumpers have an excuse to leave the RSL unconnected.

RSL's have killed...Of course so have no pulls after cut aways....

I don't have an RSL...Nor will I (other than Tandem)...

I don't like them. I like the option of taking a delay if I need to...Canopy collision, to get back to belly to earth if I have the altitude, ect...

But I am not going to bash people for having one either. If you are so cocky to think you will never need one....well I have a few dead friends that I wish could be here to talk to you.

No one PLANS on killing themself (other than suicides) in this sport.

Every dead skydiver thought they had it covered till they didn't.

It is a safety device. One that has saved and taken lives.

Ron
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334