RkyMtnHigh

LODI

what is it like?
I've never been there but will be there June 7-11 and wondering what the landing area is like, outs, jumpships, facilities, amenities, local restaurants, etc.

it dont get any better than Lodi. Trust me.

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

what is it like?
I've never been there but will be there June 7-11 and wondering what the landing area is like, outs, jumpships, facilities, amenities, local restaurants, etc.

Only been there once, but you will LOVE Bill and Kathy Dause! :)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

what is it like?

Only been there once, but you will LOVE Bill and Kathy Dause! :)

If Lodi wasnt 1000 miles away it would be my home dropzone.
The landing area is huge...watch out for the powerlines and cars at hiway 99...the facilities are as good as it gets.

There are two big trees. one next to the house and one a mile out in the fields...ive seen people land in both of them. :)

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

You'll be here for CRW right? You will love it! I'm not jumping CRW but I hang with all those guys ... we will have a blast!

Landing area is a nice green, with lots of alternate field around it. Avoid grape stakes and power lines! The CRW guys spot right on most of the time and when they don't they know lots of good outs on the way back to the DZ and we'll send a bunch of cars out to get you.

We have a nice lawn, very basic shower and bathrooms, indoor packing. Twin Otter and Beech 99 ... but I think addl aircraft will come in for the CRW event. We'll help everyone find local places to eat and all that. Let me know if I can answer anything the organziers can't answer for you ;)

Mara

Landing area is huge.. outs.. not so nice, make your decision up high whether you are going to make it back or not.. there are more than enough outs, but you need to be ready...

I've only landed way off once, other than that I always ended up back at the airport.

Jumpships.. just when you think its gonna be a long wait for the next load.. they pull out another plane.. it's like magic :P

I think he has a Beech 99, Twin Otter, King Air right now, but I heard there might even be 2 otters, not sure

I love Lodi!