Ktownbret

Okanogan Sunshine Boogy in Vernon?

Would anybody out there be interested in attending a weekend boogy In Vernon British Columbia? I am considering putting an event together. I am trying to find out how much interest there would be. Also what weekend would be best. I believe there are currently boogys in B.C. on every long weekend through the summer, except July 1st. I am considering having it on this weekend. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

If I can find enough interest we would try to bring in a twin otter or a caravan, If the interest is smaller we were thinking about approaching one of the clubs in Van to see about renting the Porter, or King air? I know there is an event in Alberta, on July long weekend, that alot of people attend from B.C. And all the other long weekends in the summer seem to be taken in B.C.

What I really need is input from other skydivers in B.C. or Alberta who would like to Skydive in the Okanogan Valley. I need to know what weekend they would like to come here.

We usually have good weather from May through September. The biggest draw might be the scienery. The dropzone is right between Okanogan and Kalamalka lakes. Beautiful blue/green water. Sorrounded by great mountain views. I will try to post some pics tomorrow.

There would probably be alot of focus on the social aspects of the event. Great food, drinks, Sunset loads onto a secluded beach.

I have some great ideas, and some good support. I just need to know if the people will show up!!

:P

http://www.skydiveadventures.ca/index.html
www.okanaganskydive.com

July long weekend has Alberta provincials again this year. This would detract from your attendance and limit your aircraft availability. The KPOW otter is committed. If you decide to use that weekend you would be advised to keep your aspirations (and exposure) lower and see how it goes the first year.

Does anybody know for sure what weekend the KJP Scrambles are held this year? Also if there are any other events in B.C. on Labour day weekend? I believe Abby's boogy is on Aug. long weekend. Can anyone conferm this?

Thanx
Bret
www.okanaganskydive.com