nicolesheridan

Ixtapa boogie...going / been?

My husband and I are thinking about going to the Ixtapa Easter Boogie. Has anyone ever been to one of the boogies there or planning on going to this one. I would like a little more info which seems to be a problem with the language barrier (the emails I have been sent have not really answered any of my questions). Please PM me!

Thanks!

Where exactly is the DZ? They advertised beach landings in front of Carlos and Charlies so I am assuming they run a shuttle? Where are some good places to stay? Is any place within walking distance of the DZ or do you need to rent a car? Were there enough people to keep the plane turning?

Thanks!

The loads turned at a somewhat lazy pace, which was actually pretty nice. You could relax, swim or sunbath between loads. Manifest is located at Carlos and Charlies, right on the main beach in Ixtapa. There's a pool there and plenty of lounge chairs. You can hang out all day and bring your own food and water, or order from them. The plane flies out of the main airport in Zihua which is about 20-25 ride, and because it flies out of the main airport, there were some times during the day when they needed to shut down for an hour or so to accomodate air traffic.

Most of the resort hotels in Ixtapa are walking distance and share the same beach. (There are a few Ixtapa resorts which are just outside town.) There are a handful of "budget" hotels off the beach which are also walking distance. Ixtapa is kind of one long "strip" and pretty much every place in Ixtapa is walking distance. Zihuatanejo is about a 15 minute cab ride away- prettier beaches and lots more restaurant and hotel options there- from elegant high end to super cheap. When I went, I stayed in Zihua and took a $5.00 taxi ride to the "DZ" everyday. I did that because a) I love Zihua and prefer staying there over Ixtapa, and b) I found it much less expensive to stay there. The money I saved on my hotel more than made up for the daily cab fare. You definitely do not need to rent a car unless you plan on leaving the area for more extended sight seeing, and even then you could use taxis or busses.

There are several different websites with info on the area- just google either Ixtapa or Zihua. Since its Easter week, book early because the area fills up fast. Bring your own flotation gear, plenty of rubber bands and a spare closing loop or two since there isn't a full service gear store nearby for the little essentials we tend to take for granted.

The landing area is great- plenty big, and nice soft sand. Have fun!

Thanks Tigra

The internet just got fixed here in Mexico so I was not able to check the forums for a bit. It sounds like not much has changed since Tigra either so I'm not sure there is much I can add.

To easier reach us you can use
http://www.myspace.com/skydiveixtapa1

Hopefully the internet will not give me any problems in the future

you can also look at
http://www.skydiveixtapaboogie.com
To see the hotels in the Ixtapa area

Let me know if you have any questions and I hope to see you here soon :)

Big Blues,
Val

Ixtapa is about 2 hours north of Aucopulco (sp???) on the Pacific side of Mexico. You fly into Zihuatinao (once again sp????) Airport code ZIH. Sorry no idea on the dates

Chris
It's Jimmy Time!!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Team-Fast-As-Fuck/6099474213

Definatly go to that boogy!! If I didnt have to work I'd be there. There is a drive to the airport, but when I was there in Feb. we never had to wait for any traffic at the airport. Landing on the beach makes it all worth while.

The staff in Ixtapa put on a great event. We had free drinks at a differant bar every night of the week. There was BBQs, fire jugglers, oh ya and more drinks.

I would recomend finding a hotel in Zihua. It was my first trip to Mexico so I got a 4 star all incl resort. The food was terrible. The food everywere else was great, and cheap. When I go back next year I will defintly do this.

Great job on the myspace pg Val. looking forward to seeing all you guys next year. This time I'll bring a crew.

B|
www.okanaganskydive.com

April 2nd till the 8th.

Suggest

Stay in a hostile - 15 bucks vs. 300 bucks

what else do you need to know ???

It's a jumping in paradise boogie - not a how many jumps can I make boogie.

There is a lot to do in the area

You can find dinner for under 4 bucks and beers are only 1

every landing is on the beach

there has yet to be any rain, high wind, or clouds under 16,000 the whole season.

Beer planet has the best Tequila

Jungle bar has the best mezcal

Pita has the best boobs

and you will get thrown in the pool

hahaha -

This is not your everyday average boogie but you'll have to see it to believe it

go ahead ask me questions - i dare you