SkydiveQL

The "Quantum Leap's Back Boogie"

The season is here and we plan on kicking it off in style! If you can only make one boogie this year, be sure this is the one! The boogie will start at noon on Friday, March 30th and will run through Sunday evening. All jumps will be from the Beech 99 Airliner, the fastest jump plane in the midwest! We will have free RW and freefly organizing for all levels, as well as free food, drinks, entertainment and bonfires in the evening. Camping is available and a great time is guaranteed. For more details and updates, be sure to check out http://www.skydivestlouis.com. See you there!

It's on my calendar! Will there be instructors available to do a refresher? Also, do you have rental gear available?

By the way, if there is anyone from Kansas City interested in carpooling with me, let me know. I've got 5 seats available in my van. I'll be heading out there on Friday around noon and coming back Sunday evening.

I can't wait!

I can't believe the Beech is going to be even faster! That's incredible. The first jump at Freak's last year, The Brian looked at me on the Otter and said "Damn this thing is slow!" I got in the door and felt like I was crawling 'cause we had gotten used to the Beech. It quickly became my favorite jump plane. I was kind of depressed to hear that it was down for repairs and might not come back only to be elated that it would not only be back, but back and faster than ever!?! I might have to go change my drawers! Those that made it out to FFX last year for the Beech Boogie know exactly what I'm talking about. I'm giddy with anticipation.

I'll bring some good cigars, but it's your turn to bring the Scotch! Will George be up for the Boogie?
Fuck The Details

Yeah, between the work we've put into the engines and the new props, it should be even faster this year(I know, hard to believe!).

I did get a good chuckle out of hearing everyone at Couch Freaks commenting on how fast those Super Otters were, while all of the KC jumpers kept commenting on how slow they seemed after getting spoiled by the Beech!

I'm looking forward to the cigars and will be bringing a bottle of Gold Label with me. Be sure to bring an extra one for George.

32 days and counting!

Yummy, I do love Gold Label. I'm looking forward to jumping the Beech again. I only got to jump it a few times last year in Kansas City, but I do have to agree that it is one of the best jump planes out there. I'll see you all on the 30th, if work permits. If not, I'll definitely see you on Saturday. I'll bring some good Tequila with me for Saturday night.

wait a minute, i dont think the guy making the original announcment said anything about an upgrade. are there bigger engines on it now or are they just new? super beach?

Yeah, over the past year, the 550hp -20's were replaced with 680hp -27's, and we're currently doing a little more work to get a bit more performance out of the airplane and also putting new props on it. I know that when popsjumper jumped it, it was a pretty sweet aircraft, but now it's super-sweet! Now it's called the Super-Dooper, Bad-A**, Smokin-fast, Mofo of a Beech, among other things. So far, almost everyone who has jumped it has commented that the Beech is their new favorite jump plane.

So far, almost everyone who has jumped it has commented that the Beech is their new favorite jump plane.

Hands down, without a doubt, the sweetest jumpship anywere. The cabin as front to back windows, not ports like an otter. The view while climbing is incredible. It is like sitting in a convertable. The straddle seats are very comfortable, and the door, well, a barn comes to mind. Huge!!! The step is fantastic. For you camera flyers, it has an extension that is ~6" wide and over a foot aft of the door. Non of this looking for a little nib of metal to put your tow on while you are trying to swing out. Your whole foot is supported!! Awsome ride. "Get in, Sit Down, Shut Up, and Hang on!!!"

Yummy, I do love Gold Label. I'm looking forward to jumping the Beech again. I only got to jump it a few times last year in Kansas City, but I do have to agree that it is one of the best jump planes out there. I'll see you all on the 30th, if work permits. If not, I'll definitely see you on Saturday. I'll bring some good Tequila with me for Saturday night.

I'll be bringing a couple bottles of Cabo Wabo that I've been saving in addition to some fresh Cohibas.

P.S. Sorry, but I'm out of available seats in my van. There are plenty of people coming from KC, so if anyone else from that area is looking to carpool, you shouldn't have a problem finding a ride.

Hope this does not get canceled at the last minute, everyone arrives - and the DZ is clozed for the day....................

Looks like the weather is going to cooperate, if just a bit on the cool side.

The boogie is on, come rain or shine (though I've got my fingers crossed for shine). This forecaster (and his magic doppler 8-ball) is calling for sunny skies with scattered puffy clouds, highs in the mid-70's, and west winds at 5-10mph.

We've got plenty of non-jumping activities planned too, so even if we do have some bad weather, it's still gonna be a great time! It also sounds like we're going to have plenty to drink once we're done jumping.

22 days and counting!

If this boogie is going to be anything like Safety Day - I will need to bring more beer........

QL is off to a great start!!!

I am hearing very good things about that beech. Gonna be nice to get to 13-14k instead of 10k.......

If this boogie is going to be anything like Safety Day - I will need to bring more beer........

QL is off to a great start!!!

I am hearing very good things about that beech. Gonna be nice to get to 13-14k instead of 10k.......

Yeah, everything you've heard about that airplane is absolutely true. It is, by far, the best plane I've ever had the pleasure of jumping!