jtval

If you go to one boogie on NV...

MMMM I don't really know. It's cold if you live in NV but lots of folks come in from utah, washington and other frozen states to jump with usin the "warm" air.

if you go to the bottom of the home page of skydive mesquite, theres a local weather link.

(last weekend we all thought we would need under armor/mutliple layers etc.but by the second load we were down to one layer.)

After checking your profile, I see youre from Buckeye. Our seasons are much like yours.
My photos

My Videos

Regretfully, I'm going to miss it. :( My wife will be running the Phoenix marathon that weekend, and I will be there to cheer her on....and of course jump at Eloy the day before and afterB|.

If it weren't for the scheduling conflict, I'd be there!
It sounds like a good boogie...with cheap jumps, 2 planes, the film festival and all.
- - -
I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

Considering it...

Where to stay? In Vegas till Weds. If I changed my flight, where could I hang until the boogie started? Does Mesquite have camping? If not, where around the DZ?

I answered your PM but I'll answer here again for those who may be curious.

The Jan boogie starts on friday, as soon as enough people show up for first load. Usually around noon.

it end on monday.

check the bottom of this page for hotel info.
the hotel is 1 mile from the dz. there always someone to give you a ride to and from
My photos

My Videos

I'm not a dickhead, but I am a Peckerhead skydiver ;). Eloy was fun wasn't it, even though I was only there for three day and was rained on one of those day, I met some cool people and made some cool jumps, DC-3 my favorite. I'm sure the Blue Sky Boogie will be the same, hopefully, minus the weather.
C-ya!
BSBD
O-kcsmm-aka-'tree
American Warchild

USUALLY , mesquite has NO weather.

It's USUALLY clear skies so with any luck at all....you'll have a good chance of getting jumps in:)

Hey Bozo,
make sure you don't let chuck get off his leash again. All hell breaks loose when Chuck Norris has free reign.

Although a round house kick from Chuck norris will get us to altitude quicker, I don;t think I want to deal with the recovery time.
My photos

My Videos

Hey Bozo,
make sure you don't let chuck get off his leash again. All hell breaks loose when Chuck Norris has free reign.

Although a round house kick from Chuck norris will get us to altitude quicker, I don;t think I want to deal with the recovery time.

Dont worry, Chuk has his own AN-2

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

I pulled out old issuse of Parachutist (Jan 05 & March 06), remembering I'd once read something on Mesquite, to acquainted myself with your DZ. Nice article J.T. and cool pictures, too. Is there going to be any crafts other than the Caravans? Helicopter, maybe? Two more days to go, I'm excited? Any suggestions on things we need to bring, besides the obvious? Is there a on-site rigger in case of reserve repack needs?

BSBD C-ya B|
O-kcsmm-aka-'tree
American Warchild

There are usually at least 2 Riggers there most weekends.

I know of 4 that will be there this weekend but I'm sure there will be more.

Pack carefully:D:D save the repack $$ for jumps;)

The helicopter is coming to Mesquite in Feb, (maybe march I forgot)

Do you drink keg beer? If so , bring a glove to keep your favorite hand warm. ( or a coozy)

EDIT:
(oh, thanks for the compliments on the articles.)

My photos

My Videos