SkyChimp

Skydive Jacksonville is growing

I think there was more to the departure from Fernandina than just that event. IIRC the DZ ran for 4 or 5 months after that happened, maybe longer. One MAJOR issue with a DZ on Amelia Island is the Amelia Island Plantation crowd. Rich and powerful in that neck of the woods, they've never liked jumpers; you almost need a fulltime PR department just to deal with them. I'd be willing to bet you could keep your nose clean and AIP would still try to find a way to ask that you leave "their" airport.

Low turn = spiraling down from altitude, so dizzy/disoriented that he didn't realize he was about to hit the ground... If I recall the story, he was naked? :o:D

J

LOL:D That's the same story the flying club told me...... thus why Nassau county gave them the extended lunch hour:ph34r:

When is the King Air coming back to Jax?

Don't know.... I guess that depends on the demand. Keep in mind that I'm new to the sport, however I know commitment when I see it. The managers that run Skydive Jax give everything they've got. If you didn't know any better you would've thought they owned it for the love of the sport. Hopefully she'll grow to the point where Greg brings one in.

Does anyone else find it funny that we made a SPORT out of an EMERGENCY PROCEDURE?!?!

thought they owned it for the love of the sport

So are they back to letting people do hop and pops from less then full altitude? As I recall I wasnt allowed to do the 3500 or the 5500 h&p for my A card, even at a full price jump ticket... they go to full alti or 18 grand only. Is this the practice still?
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

I think there was more to the departure from Fernandina than just that event. IIRC the DZ ran for 4 or 5 months after that happened, maybe longer. One MAJOR issue with a DZ on Amelia Island is the Amelia Island Plantation crowd. Rich and powerful in that neck of the woods, they've never liked jumpers; you almost need a fulltime PR department just to deal with them. I'd be willing to bet you could keep your nose clean and AIP would still try to find a way to ask that you leave "their" airport.

I guess we'll see how she turns out with the new one.

Does anyone else find it funny that we made a SPORT out of an EMERGENCY PROCEDURE?!?!

Low turn = spiraling down from altitude, so dizzy/disoriented that he didn't realize he was about to hit the ground... If I recall the story, he was naked? :o:D

J

LOL:D That's the same story the flying club told me...... thus why Nassau county gave them the extended lunch hour:ph34r:

But the dizzyness was self induced by other things. He was naked and hooked it low. I was there.

so... hate to say "i told you so" but....

yesterday we set up a load of funjumpers, all hwo have been jumping this dz off/on for 3 years now, including the original owner of the dz/....

alan and karen are gone, as they just had a new baby... (who knew? congrats..)

so i knew there was a problem when patty nardi answered the fone... but everything seemed on the up and up... until 10 minutes before wheels up, when she announced that fun jumper loads, will only be going to 10k...for 25$ a slot

so.. were right back where we started... so let me reiterate... FUCK SKYDIVE JACKSONVILLE
the nardis have continually offended and pissed off thier clientele, while marketing this trailer and 206 dropzone as "the highest jump in ne fl.."
fucking LAME... there is another dz 50 mi south that goes to 14k.. everyload.. for 18$..in a turbine

How does that old saying go.....? "The truth hurts"[:/]

Yeah, that's how it went down that day and it was disappointing. It happened right after you called and said you were running late. I'm not sure why she regulated, but I'm waiting to speak with Greg about it. The only thing I can do is try. If he changes it then great.... if not then I tried and I'll see ya on the turbine.

This thread has cracked me up. YOU are the ONLY one from Jax that is speaking up on behalf of this dz. Are you their designated spokesperson? Why aren't they backing you in any way? Did they ask you to do this then hang you out to dry?

Then someone who disbelieves that anything has changed gave the place a shot and got shafted...??! Not sure this is a place I am in a hurry to run off to! Sounds like in your last post you are starting to see the light.

I think myself and my friends will be sticking to a reputable/structured dz. And as for Cathy's attempt to get Fernandino back up, I would support her. She is an upstanding, reputable person who will not shaft her fun jumpers. Knowing and understanding that tandems pay the bill, I would wait my turn to support someone who supports us!

Whether Palatka has a turbine or not, we all work it out! Fun jumpers don't get shafted.

But you are obviously getting something out of your support for Jax, so-by all means-support on! The rest of us will be jumping, though! ;)

Have a great day! We are!:P
Let's have fun! :)

dont rip on skychimp... hes new meat, and going through what i went through a few years ago,and i was simply attempting to break through his "new jumper naievity" for lack of a better term..

chimp, are you the one who bought all the windblades? id take 'em bak if i were you..

i know that carpet i brought out will be im my living room by this weekend.

Sorry, Chimp. Maybe I was a bit hard. I am just wondering where the supporters from Jax are?? No one is helping you in your plight. I guess that was mostly my point. You tried. All you got was negativism from people who had been there...not much support at all.[:/] Kind of sad.

If you visit us in Palatka, let us know who you are. You are welcome. You had a hard time from the beginning trying to convince people who had been shafted time and again that much had changed. It WAS a noble attempt! I commend you!;)

Blues,
Tammie :)

If you visit us in Palatka, let us know who you are. You are welcome. You had a hard time from the beginning trying to convince people who had been shafted time and again that much had changed. It WAS a noble attempt! I commend you!

Blues,
Tammie

***Don't fall for it Chimp! She'll only try to make you one her godless wingsuit minions.

John Wright

World's most beloved skydiver

Don't fall for it Chimp! She'll only try to make you one her godless wingsuit minions.

I can vouch for that!
First time I met her she walked up and put one hand on the floor and one hand under my crotch.

I thought, "Boy! This lady is going to be fun!"
I said, "Ooo La Laaa!"

She said, "STFU...I'm measuring you for a birdman suit."

What a let-down.

:D:D:D
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In Reply To
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't fall for it Chimp! She'll only try to make you one her godless wingsuit minions.

I can vouch for that!
First time I met her she walked up and put one hand on the floor and one hand under my crotch.

I thought, "Boy! This lady is going to be fun!"
I said, "Ooo La Laaa!"

She said, "STFU...I'm measuring you for a birdman suit."

What a let-down.

Sorry to disappoint AndyMan!! In the process of measuring you for that..uh..Bridman suit...well, how should I say it?...uh...you could have used a sock or something to fill that empty space.:o:o:P;)

Did I just say that???:o

Dayum!:oB|

Hee Hee...just kidding with you Andy....I did not feel a thing!;)

Ooops! Did I just do it AGAIN???:):);):P

It's cool Tammie..... I've got thick skin and besides, I enjoy getting ripped on. LOL :P Who doesn't?!?!

I tried to stand upwind on the previous reputation of the DZ in hopes to make a difference, but saw that I was taking more ownership then the ones who own the articles of incorporation. I truly wanted to see the DZ grow into something big. Brian even knew that I bought windblades for it just to be nice. I wasn't expecting anything in return, I just wanted to help out.

In regards to Cathy at Fernandina Beach, I'd like to find out how to contact her. I live on Amelia Island and stopped by the airport three times in the last month. The clerk at McGill Aviation says he knows that some people have jumped recently but doesn't know how to contact her.

Last but not least, I'm down with the wingsuit someday after I have more experience. FYI, I won't fail the package check!;)

FYI, I won't fail the package check!

LOL...Well that is good to know..uh..I think...:|

Anyway, I am NOT the official package inspector for our dropzone. I have left that job to one of our jumpers...'wrightskyguy'...yeah...I heard something about his military associations made him much more qualified.;)

But I would be glad to take you on your first wingsuit jump when you have a few more jumps under your belt! We have a good group of fun jumpers who like to come out and have a good time and cold beverages at the end of the day. Yes, there are story tellers (complete with lies) for your entertainment.:D

Look forward to seeing you.

T:)

Anyway, I am NOT the official package inspector for our dropzone. I have left that job to one of our jumpers...'wrightskyguy'...yeah...I heard something about his military associations made him much more qualified

Sure, I'll fit you for a jumpsuit. I used to be a little shy about inseam measurements until I started using a new and ingenious technique. What I do now is measure from your heel to Tammies chin, it's pretty accurate. Hope to see you out there.

John Wright

World's most beloved skydiver

...What I do now is measure from your heel to Tammies chin, it's pretty accurate.....

OMFG...I can't believe it!
Dude, you suck...now I'll spend the whole weekend funneling formations because that picture will be going through my head and I'll be LMAO and forget the dive flows.

:D (insert 1,000,000 more laughing emoticons here).
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

What I do now is measure from your heel to Tammies chin, it's pretty accurate.

:o

I can't believe you said that!

I know, I know, you guys are one big happy family, but dayum...I'd kick your ass! :ph34r:
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon