RastaRicanAir

First Annual OrFun Birthday Boogie Bash @ the Farm

Fuck those lists you know why i will tell you why. Because sooner or later someones herpes,chicken pox, measles, VD, Aids, flu , the shits and whatever you bastards come up with. Then we have to listen to why you can't come to the boogie.At the end of the day just show up. If your not there i am sure we will know..hehehehe

Oh, and did i mention page 24 in the parachutist:D:D
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

I am sure if you were willing to offer your services some guy will cough up the money:D:D

Won't work...I tried that when she was hangin' at Monroe...[:/]:D
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Unfortunately Air Tran does not fly here. Jet Blue does, but not to Atlanta. Just can't win. Plus, Spence is trying to get me to go to Byron and my parents are going to Vegas the week after and they would like me to come up and see them. So I need to decide what I am going to do I suppose.
"Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity"

Just book the flight and get your ass here you old slapper...you will make the money back in pack jobs

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

...The person who travels the furthest for this boogie i will personally pay half their boogie fee....Its in writing so i will live up to it.

Does that help Mama?

And don't get me started on that chubby little lawn gnome or I'll break Rule #1>:(
OrFunV/LocoBoca Rodriguez/Sonic Grieco/Muff Brother #4411
-"and ladies....messin with Robbie is venturing into territory you cant even imagine!-cuz Robbie is

Pruitt,

I don't disagree with all of what Blaine said. He is correct that the USPA guidelines are there for a reason, and for the most part they should be respected, especially if they are basic safety requirements, like minimum pull altitudes, etc.

With that said, wingsuit flying, like freeflying, has no USPA mandated minimum jump numbers before you start flying one. Technically, by the letter of the law, it would still be "legal" (in terms of USPA) for a student to fly a wingsuit on a solo jump once cleared to self-supervise in freefall by an appropriately rated USPA Instructor. It would however, be grossly irresponsible and perhaps even reckless behavior.

The Skydivers Information Manual "recommends" that you have a minimum of 200 jumps before attempting to fly a wingsuit. There are similar recommendations for other disciplines such as camera flying and freeflying. They are simply that - recommendations. Just like "Freefly Coach", "Birdman Instructor" is not an official USPA title or rank. It confers no legal authority, USPA or otherwise, and is only in effect, a measuring of one's skill. Any licensed skydiver can "teach" another licensed skydiver to do anything according to USPA, so long as no BSR's are violated.

I learned to fly my wingsuit from "Scary" Perry, a representative who was described as a "Birdman Instructor" by the company. He is perhaps one of the most skilled and qualified wingsuit flyers active in the sport today. Before I made the jump, he checked my logbook to make sure I had at least 200 jumps, gave me a thorough ground training session, about 30 minutes long, and we practiced the pull sequence until I knew it well. He also went up in the plane with me, showed me how to properly zip the suit closed, and then exited after me to give me some coaching in the air, followed by a thorough debriefing on the ground. The bottom line was that I learned a lot from the experience, and would recommend that most people go that route when learning to fly a wingsuit. You will benefit the most and it has the largest margin for safety.

With that said, does that mean that everyone needs 200 jumps before they fly one? Does that mean that all coaches must be dubbed "Birdman Instructors" by the company, no. I personally taught 2 other flyers, (Ryan from ASC, and Kelly from Tallahassee) how to fly a wingsuit, and I made damn sure that they knew what they were doing before I took them up in the plane, and there was no way I wasn't gonna be there with them to make sure they didn't put the suit on wrong or exit in an improper order. I would not have taken them up if I felt that they were gonna do something unsafe, or were not mature enough to handle what was going on. Kelly had 100 something jumps and Ryan had under 200 even though he told me differently. Both made perfect jumps, and came back okay.

I look at it in terms of the individual skydiver. If that person seems like they have a good head on their shoulders, and have been fairly responsible, I don't have a problem taking someone with under 200 jumps up. My best advice for you to is to understand your own skill level, and if flying a wingsuit is something you really want to do, and not just to "try something out" until the novelty wears off, then get advice on piloting from experienced flyers, Blaine included, and just be aware of your own limits.

I had 200 jumps when I flew for the first time. You had 100 something. Did that 70 or so jump difference make me more qualified then you to learn? Probably not. Unfortunately in a grey world, organizations need to set black and white standards, and for various reasons, the numbers need to be there. Use them as a reference point, take into account your own skills and limitations, and make the decision based on that.

It sounds like you came out okay.

So, what is it your trying to say Brian. Could you be a bit more precise:D

He's saying we'll see him Saturday Afternoon!
Why else would anyone have the BAWLS to drag our thread to a screaming halt with a speech like that unless he was coming to the party?!?
Right? Right? Right? Right? Right?
B|
-"and ladies....messin with Robbie is venturing into territory you cant even imagine!-cuz Robbie is

hey Robbie by votes of 10-0 you have been elected to write an article for this boogie. Include pics and your fine literiture. Your services will no doubt be rewarded(see Hans) Anyways, i'd call you but you never answer your phone

hey Robbie by votes of 10-0 you have been elected to write an article for this boogie. Include pics and your fine literiture. Your services will no doubt be rewarded(see Hans) Anyways, i'd call you but you never answer your phone

DONE. And I will accept any reward I'm offered and more. But what I NEEEEEDD is some ideas (offers) for what to do about food on Saturday night. The arrangement I was trying to make looks like it probably won't happen. And we can't all live on nanner puddin.'