isabelle

kolomna

Hi!
Someone going to Kolomna in july?
Do you have any good tips about the place, like how to get there; some cool places around the DZ?
Also, I am triying to find out if I can jump without Cypress?... But most of the webside is in Russian.. and unfortunatly I dont know anybody to translate it to me...
Thanks!

You gotta take a taxi to get to Kolomna and the only hotel availlable is something to talk about..........great place to skydive though and tickets are so cheap!!!

Have fun

I agree it is a really great place to jump. The hotel is a bit of a hole but it is pretty cheap. There is no hot water but it has the main thing A BED oh and breakfast. There are showers at the DZ which are pretty good. I guess you can always take a tent. The taxi should cost no more than 250 roubles.
One piece of advice bring some good mozzie spray or cream as they can be pretty ferocious.
Blue skies

Thanks for that comment about the hotel. I am taking a group there in two weeks, was an 8-way team until last weekend when one team member broke her leg, now 7 way.
Andrew has booked us into this hotel, problem is i am taking my wife with us - non-jumper - and i have told her it is really nice (anything to get to go to russia) so i am guessing that i am going to be in for a week of earhole bending when she gets there. oh well such is life, will have to keep her sedated with cheap vodka!

Thanks for that comment about the hotel. I am taking a group there in two weeks, was an 8-way team until last weekend when one team member broke her leg, now 7 way.
Andrew has booked us into this hotel, problem is i am taking my wife with us - non-jumper - and i have told her it is really nice (anything to get to go to russia) so i am guessing that i am going to be in for a week of earhole bending when she gets there. oh well such is life, will have to keep her sedated with cheap vodka!

You are going to have a great time here I can garuantee you that. If you need/want any more info then please pm me privately and I can help out. I am going to Kolomna from Moscow tomorrow morning

hahaha - it's a hole is it? hehe, everyone had been telling me it's this nice big hotel. Ah well I'm there for the jumping not the decor.

Good thing is I got my Visa yesterday so there's now nothing left at all outstanding. This time in two weeks I'll be sat on a plane somewhere over central Europe B|

I agree it is a really great place to jump. The hotel is a bit of a hole but it is pretty cheap. There is no hot water but it has the main thing A BED oh and breakfast. There are showers at the DZ which are pretty good. I guess you can always take a tent. The taxi should cost no more than 250 roubles.
One piece of advice bring some good mozzie spray or cream as they can be pretty ferocious.
Blue skies

No hot water? h-mm where it's gone?:$
and taxi was only 200...
and there was no mozzies...

Heh, not everything changing for the better[:/]
Why drink and drive, if you can smoke and fly?

Hello all!
You talking about Kolomna hotel?There are several places to live there besides it.Radujnaya hotel is not far from DZ too and it is much better.I'm not sure about the price , but it something about 60 $ per room and four people can live there becouse it's 2-rooms.And it is yacht-club there, but it is much more expensive.And, of course, you can take the tent on DZ :)

Well, I think I prefer to be at the bunkhouse with hot water than at the hotel with cold..
Anyway, we are there to skydive and the bunkhouse is sometimes a good option if you like to get up, shower and jumping straight to (before from!!) the plane...
I have heard they builed it recently; how is it like? Any idea of the prize??
The tent sounds like an other good idea, but I dont feel like leaving my stuff out there...if I dont have a car where to store my rigg....

we've had hot water in the hotel. there was a problem only on the last day and we were told that most of the town was without hot water (and btw, when i say cold water, i mean cryogenic style cold...)

btw, the hotel have simple rooms (which were good enough), but it also has a few suites that are very very very nice. the few spoiled brats of our group stayed there...

O
"Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero."

I prefer to be at the bunkhouse with hot water than at the hotel with cold..

Those times I stayed at hotel there were hot water. And there are at least 3 hotels. Hotel 'Kolomna' is easy to get to, but I wouldn't say its the best choice. I prefer 'Raduzhnaya' (still cheap and very clean, definitely not a hole). Well, actually I'm a bit 'tent fan' so I'm staying at the DZ ;)
You can store your gear and other stuff in a special storage room at the DZ (russian name for it sounds funny - 'sharaban' B|). It is free of charge. It is open at 8:00 and closed after jumps are over. It is closed through the night.
Bunkhouses are still not completely ready. And there are just a few. I wouldn't count on them just because there will be a lot of people.
Good news: there are 2 planes (Antonov An-28, LET-410) and a helicopter (Mi-8) at Aerograd!

We've just come back after spending two weeks there.

Spend the first night in a hotel in moscow and get you visa stamped. The DZ can't do it and no one in kolomna wanted to know.

If there is enough of you and you call the DZ a while in advance they can come and collect you from the airport for a reasonable price.
If not then public transport, bus to moscow 40RUB, bus to kolomna 70RUB and taxi to the DZ 200RUB,
not a major problem, although not may people speak engish, a lot of pointing and gesturing required.
A taxi from the airport to the DZ will cost about £100.

The DZ, the facilties and the staff are fantastic, there's a massive landing area, jump ships are AN28, LET410 and a MI8 (which is very cool and you can with a bit of help put a 4 way out of the side door).

The wind tunnel does not work and probably wont any time soon.

There is no accomadation on the DZ (building work still in progress), so take a tent.

The shower block is fantastic and the water is pumped from their own spring and is very drinkable.

They only have mosqutios (I can spell) for two weeks at the end of may and two weeks at the end of august, but take repellant any way, lots.

Apart from the DZ where the food is actually edable the two best places we found was the truck stop about 5 minute walk from the DZ and a Italian in Kolonma called Viva Pizza (which was very very nice), and if you get very desperate there is a MacDonnoalds.

and I have to get back to work now.

Have fun, who evers going you'll love it.

edited to say: some of ours guys did 50+ jumps in a week.