MaybeMor

Florida: 24-29 April

Hi guys,

I'm a Israeli jumper (into FF and Swoops, 'bout 500 jumps currently on a 120 Katana) planing on visiting some family in Florida and got about 5 days to spend doing what I love.

BUT

Problem is that other then X-keys I know of no other DZ in the States and wanted to know whether you guys have any offers or recommendation as for DZs in Florida that I might find attractive.
(again - FF and Swoops maybe even a pond)

Any suggestions?

BTW - from my search, here, there was not much I could find:
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/calendar/search.cgi?d=1&query=Florida&bool=and&substring=0&mh=25
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/calendar/search.cgi?Start_Date=4&d=1
[:/]

ThanX for your time,
David Mor

Z-hills and Titusville are going to be the only ones really flying load after load.. They have large local jumpers in the area.. But it all kind of depends on where you will be staying.. If you are in south Florida you might not get a lot of jumping but around the orlando area you will.. plan on other activities just incase rain begins and doesnt stop.. dont put all your time in to making jumps because you might find yourself sitting around alot if you are not at a busy DZ for that time... right around then is when the DZs start to slow down...

Deland will be flying load after load too and probably Sebastian also. A friend just called from Deland and they are already on Otter 15 at 1:00 on a Wednesday and also have the Skyvan running. I always suggest people hit as many dz's as they can when they visit since we have such a great assortment all within a couple hours from each other.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Titusville's king air get to 15, 000 in about 5-6 minutes...great people there!

zhills busy and fun as hell too! deland, like andrea said, is always busy...sebastian great fun, but i thought it was a bit slower/smaller of a DZ than z-hill hills or deland...double check though.

if you are in the orlando area and it's raining...HIT THE TUNNELL!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
PMS#269
Team Dirty Sanchez#41

Florida is over 5 hours long and 2-5 wide.
Where are you planning to be?

--------------------------------------------------
the depth of his depravity sickens me.
-- Jerry Falwell, People v. Larry Flynt

ThanX for your answers

I'll B staying at the GayLord Palms Hotel:
http://www.gaylordhotels.com/gaylordpalms/ but without really knowing Florida I could never tell where to go or where is the right place for me
(which DZ is near, does it worth it to travel a-bit for few days to C a DZ which suits me better or even where to stay - doesn't have to b in the GayLoard Palms Hotel)

So far I was recommended by few of my Israeli friends who jumped there to either go to:
Lake Wales,
The Space Center,
Deland - to visit the RWS factory (got a 10 jumps old Micron V306 -) or
- as for as the Sebastian DZ - It sounds like a small DZ compared to all others but again I might B mistaking....

Thing is that ponds and KingAirs are not just fine 'cos we don't have any in Israel and I'll love to try it out but for me being around good easy to deal with FFly people is much more important.
My opinion is that I should take advantage of this chance of traveling and taking as many advance FF coaching I could take ($$) and B on as many big FF loads around.

Which DZ do you thing has the best to offer?
Which DZ is the closest DZ to the Florida wind tunnel?
That's sure a must :)

Ta,
David Mor

the gaylord palms is a phenomenal hotel/resort. It's beautiful with everything set up like a town around little key west villages with restaurants, rain forests, etc.

It's actually in Kissimmee. from there your best bets travel wise are deland, zhills and lake wales. Lake wales is probably closest but don't quote me on that.

You will be very centrally located to visit all the dz's mentioned and I highly encourage you to do it. You will only be about 15-20 min. away from the tunnel. All the dz's mentioned will be 1-1 1/2 hours away: Deland to the north, Titusville and Sebastian to the east, Lake Wales and Zhills to the south (with Lake Wales being the closest). There are freefliers at every dz also.

While you are in Deland. I also recommend Scott Miller's canopy course. It's not just for newbies, it's for anyone who wants to fly their canopy better. Look up Jimmy T and Paxton for organizing and coaching there. Have fun!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Sebastian is lacking only the pond. We jump year round. I don't know what people are judging size by. Fun jumpers? Tandems? Loads? Size of the airport?

What we don't have is the afterhours of Z-hills during the winter since people can not have trailers on the dropzone. So winter time we have a few tenters but most people hang out for a few hours and then groups split off to go eat and start whatever trouble they are getting up to. Unless it is one of our boogies then they stay all night long.

In april we will probably still be jumping the Otter, if not then the grand caravan. In May we start closing on Wednesdays.