PIZZ

SKYDIVEING in NJ/NYC???

newark skydiving is a member of skyride. Do a quick search on here for Skyride.

I wouldn't go there at all.

Thanks for the heads up! I never heard of this scam and was close to calling them! I'm considering Freefall Adventures. Any comments about these guys? They seem like a good place going on the reviews on this site...

I'm considering Freefall Adventures. Any comments about these guys? They seem like a good place going on the reviews on this site...

I am probably a bit biased, as Freefall Adventures/Skydive Cross Keys is my home dropzone, but I would have to say, hands down, this is the place to go. The staff is some of the most experienced in the world, and the aircraft are simply awesome. The dropzone is managed by Glenn Bangs, the President of the United States Parachute Association. They have taken over a quarter-million people on their first jump, and the people there are super-friendly, all of which will add up to an unforgettable experience. Whoever you end up going with, have a blast on your first jump. It is something you will never forget. I hope to see you soon.

Freefall Advnetures is mroe commonly known as Cross Keys. It's a fabulous place. I learned to jump there. The staff is phenomenal, the facilities are excellent, and the social atmosphere is unbeatable. You will never feel lost there. They have everythign you need on site, food, gear store, camping facilities, etc etc.

After you get more experienced they have a biplane to jump and their own helecopter as well.

If you go, tell everyone Stacy said hello, especially Liz in manifest.

for a tandem? any time. the earlier in the day you schedule it, the better though. the wait gets longer as the day goes on. also early in the day puts you earlier on the list, which means you're more likely to get to jump if an unexpected rain storm comes along (or something unplanned) and backs up times a little.

Summer is rocking at cross keys. When planning to jump, remember that it is considerably colder at altitude than on the ground, so plan accordingly, and a light pair of gloves isn't a terrible idea until May or so.

If you want to jump now, just go for it. You could like it and be done your student progression before the busy season starts.

At most dropzones, you can make an appointment for a tandem and you won't have to worry about the crowds.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I've done all my jumps at CrossKeys, and I absolutely love it. Even when I don't get to jump (usually due to higher winds) I still have fun.
The weather is still a bit cold, but you'll have so much adrenaline going through your body that you won't feel it:)The weekends haven't been very busy yet so you shouldn't have much of a wait.

If you are at northern NJ, you may also consider:The Ranch in Gardiner, NY (I did my ground school there:)
Don't wait until the summer, GO NOW:)
Inveniam Viam aut Faciam
I'm back biatches!

I work for Freefall Adventures and have worked here for the past three years. We would love to have you come out and experience our turbin aircraft and our experienced staff. I went through AFP here, I love my job, and I personally will guarantee that if you will give Freefall Adventures just one chance you will never want to think of going anywhere else. Not only will you find excellent instruction, but you will automatically make friends and realize the amazing atmosphere of this place. We hope to see you soon!

Blue Skies and Smiles,

Kim=)

Hi there:

You are very welcome to check us out at Freefall Adventures before you make a decision. I think you will find a very friendly and professional environment. The instructors and office staff will go out their way to get you in the air as fast as possible and give you a really great first jump experience.

There was a comment about waiting, but nowadays, that happens only in poor weather, which would be the same anywhere. Since BendyWendy was here we have brought in even more high caliber instructors, and most of the time, even on weekends, progressing students have plenty of opportunity to jump without much waiting.

I hope you get in touch with us! You can reach us at [email protected], or at 856-629-7553 any day after 11 am. Can't wait to meet you in person!
Where the world comes to skydive!

On another note, even when I didn't work there I used to drive 5 hours to go to CrossKeys - I drove right past the ranch which was about the half way point to get there. And I used to do it every single time I had a day off! So it's definately the place to go in the northeast!