francie

Charleston

Blue Sky Adventures is about 45 minutes from downtown Charleston. Easy to get to. I can PM directions if you desire. We have a Grand Caravan. This Saturday is Safety Day, so hope to see you for festivities beginning at 8:00 am. We have a fun mix of FS and FF jumpers.

I live in Charleston, so give me a holler if I can help with anything.

-- Jeff
My Skydiving History

I used to jump down there in Oct 05. But I believed it closed down. I'm up at Shaw AFB. I normally drive up to Raeford, NC to jump. There is another DZ in Chester which I heard was nice.

If you are interested in checking out Raeford, I get back from my deployment sometime in Nov and we can meet up.

Fitz
#148 Sonic Scrat
"Have you ever kissed a rabbit between the eyes?" Woodpecker pulling out his pants pockets to the waitress

Fitz
Ya man let me know when u get back Ill def go jump with you... I just started my AFF this past weekend (im on level 3)next weekend i hope to have finished level 6 and finish the following weekend so I will be done (cross my fingures)so by the time you get back I should have a few solos.

Where are you at? what do you do in the AF

Jeff
Is it saturday yet?

I can't say where I am at right now. But I a Digital Network Intel Geek, wait I mean analyst.....

Try to get as many jumps as you can before we head up there. For you first jump up there, they may require an instructor go with you. After that, we should be golden...

Fitz
#148 Sonic Scrat
"Have you ever kissed a rabbit between the eyes?" Woodpecker pulling out his pants pockets to the waitress

My beloved BSA closed down at Christmas of 2005. From Charleston the Closest big DZ is Skydive Carolina, in Chester, between Columbia and Charlotte. It is a 2:45 drive. Raeford is about 3:30 drive (your time may vary). Both DZ's have strong points, and I have jumped at both, and have friends at both.

-- Jeff
My Skydiving History

Yes, Walterboro is still open, but who wants to jump a 182 when they can drive an extra hour and a half or so and jump a Twotter or Casa?

I'd highly recomennd driving the extra bit to Chester. Great DZ with good vibes. No technically the home of the RB's, but there is a shitload of them there, including the President....

Ganja

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In Reply To
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You're in China, WTF do you know about what's happening here?

I know I'm more current than you.

Dude I am more current than him...although I haven't been to the "shed" lately...

Walterboro is open, but I don't ever see fun jumps going on, just tandems and static line. I lay in my pool and watch them when they jump which hasn't seemed to be much lately.

Ill think Ill def end up going to both at some point, but it sounds like Chester will prob be my first stop, I have a quick question if anyone could help me out? I just finished AFF this past weekend and got 3 solos in I hope to have 15-17 jumps before I head back home to Charleston SC (10 days) what can I do to make the process of switching DZs as smooth as possible because I don't have my class A. I have heard of having my DZ hear call the other one... Is this a good idea?

any help would be awesome
thanks
Jeff
Is it saturday yet?

Changing dropzones without an A license shouldn't be a problem, I did it last year and they just looked at my log book, asked me some questions to make sure I knew what was going on, and put me in the hanging harness because I was going to be jumping a different type of gear. Just make sure your log book and progression card are filled out clearly and indicate what you've done on your jumps, any additional training you've gotten, what kind of gear you've jumped, etc. Having the number of your old dz and/or an old instructor would be good just in case there are any questions, but probably won't be needed.