scouserjw

Skydive training in europe

Empuriabrava and Lillo in Spain are I think the 2 best options.

in Italy I don't know how the DZ's are open, but Tortuga (Arezzo) seems to be nice.

I don't know the DZ's in Portugal.
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

I've just booked to do my AFF with Freefall University at Lillo. I did quite a bit of investigating before making my choice. I havn't found any bad points about the FFU at Lillo, it seems to be highly respected by a lot of people.
Their website is http://www.freefalluniversity.co.uk/index.asp

"Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"
- Abraham Lincoln

Lilo have some good staff and mostly brits who care for the students and work of good Brit standards.

Empuribrava is a cool place i go there every year but you can feel lost sometimes in the spanish way of life but the instructors and kit ar top notch.

Also you will find in Empuriabrava you will be talked to and welcomed as if your a jumper with thousands of jumps.

But you wont go wrong at Lilo, Luci is a very cool chick wo will treat you welll

Try Lillo, Good bunch of guys!

A great bunch of dedicated and friendly instructors for all modern diciplines and AFF! the weather there is pretty good over the winter months.

Also check out letsgoskydive.com there down in Oceana a few minutes drive from Lillo. Very good Aff school with very experienced staff!

For the next step go see the guys at Euphoria, Lillo. www.freeflyeuphoria.com

;)

Lillo would be the better choice in Madrid. Plenty of fast climbing aircraft and its open seven days a week. This is important to allow you get a ton of solo jumps done after you qualify. The danger on a small part time DZ is that your progress on AFF is slow and you dont get to do much solo jumping over your week

Hi Andy,

Going great in Lillo thanks, the " Freefall U five" , our sponsored team got together for the first time and we trained along with the Swiss and German teams out of the Otter. Most have are post FS1 so this weekend the learning curve was steep , but its all good...the team is gonna kick , we intend on making it to a few Grand prixs in the UK . Brian Vach and Pablo are back after the world cup and the dropzone is swamped with Swoopers , many on Vach´s course.

Get yourself out here man , theres a bunch of Russians in town " Moscow Freefly School " type heads...even got on a hybrid with Mike C on the sunset today..

To the original poster, check out a similar post a few weeks ago..

David

end hijack :):Phttp://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1395853;

I'd recommend Freefall University, Lillo, Spain... I did both my AFF and FS1 out there and I'm going out for my 4th trip next month...

excellent DZ, perfect for students, great staff, good weather and generally a great place to be...

if you want any more info then feel welcome to PM me...

Jill x

As for italy, i have to admit that due to the cold and snow that have hit most of the country, it might not be the best place to train at the moment (bearing in mind that I'm a wussy fair weather jumper). However, i'm sure things will be warming up in the next month. I've been jumping at Thiene, Vicenza and have found the staff and everyone very welcoming and ready to help. I'll be trying out Cremona (near Milan) when that opens next month too. I'm sure they'll be very keen to impress newcomers.

C
X

Hi ,
I would recommend you to check straight away with the Dz: www.skayrats.com = 1350 euros= 900 pounds
Empuria is great for learning with one of the most beautifull views in the world and also great to make friends..It is on the the coast and also offer you a creazy night life!!!