skydivebaz

Z Hills info needed please

Hi all,

I am flying out to Orlando from Germany (i am not German!) for the Z Hills invitational on the 27th march and after some info:

1, is there anyone on the DZ that pick people up from the airports.

2, And where is good to stay(cheap) on or around the DZ is there bunkhouse accomodation that sort of thing?

Any info would be great

Thanks.

Well i am now staying in a trailer called the peanut that is a whole 12 feet long!!! hope i dont fart in there!

TK e mailed me and said give him my flight details and someone will be there for me, cool man!

I just need a home now from the 4th April to 10th as im chucked out of the peanut.

So next question is how far is the microtel or i might tent it but its kit security that worries me

i am pretty sure that there is no hotel within walking distance.... and they are all at least $65 a night (no skydiving discounts)

there is a wal-mart in town... you might as well buy a tent or rent a trailer. plus, it's fun to be @ the dz and they have great bathroom/shower facilities.

*hope this helps*
~hollywood

see the world! http://gorocketdog.blogspot.com

Does anyone know how far the Microtel is from the dropzone? is it a good walk ? or just as east to go to wallmart and get a cheap tent and sleeping bag to thro away?

the microtel is about 7 miles away so i would consider it too far to walk. it's in the same plaza as walmart.

april should be perfect camping weather so maybe buying a tent and bag isn't such a bad idea.

...what laura said about the lockers and storing your stuff.

i am pretty sure that there is no hotel within walking distance.... and they are all at least $65 a night (no skydiving discounts)

there is a wal-mart in town... you might as well buy a tent or rent a trailer. plus, it's fun to be @ the dz and they have great bathroom/shower facilities.

*hope this helps*
~hollywood

the twilite motel as well as the crystel springs moter lodge are skydiver friendly and do offer skydiver rates hope this helps check with manifest for a list of motels and phone numbers also best western hope this helps look up the muff brothers while you,re here .muff muff have fun
till later have fun & love each other seeya mb65johnny gates

Hi there all,

Thanks for all the info.

I am sure i will enjoy a beer or four with the bomb squad and the muff gang! (sounds a good bunch).

See you all in a few weeks its been a few years since i was last in the states and looking forward to getting some new Vans that dont cost a $120 like they do in the UK!

Baz

hey baz, be good to see you there!

The Crystal Motel does skydiver's rates, I'm paying $47 per night from 4th to 10th and no, I don't have space in my room, but we may be able to give you lifts to the DZ both ways for the invitational, will have to check with my driver.

tash
Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Being alive is a special occasion. Avril Sloe

have asked, waiting for the answer.

And the peanut isn't so bad, I lived in it for 3 months. I'm just not sure whether you could fit more than one person in the bed!

tash
Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Being alive is a special occasion. Avril Sloe

:$:S :$
we'll have to see

driver has confirmed lifts to the DZ in the morning will be no probs from Crystal. Evenings can be a bit ad hoc, so would rather not promise either way. But I'm sure you will find someone else who is staying there or other places in town and get a lift home in the evenings

tash

There are SEVERAL hotels with skydiving discounts, all you have to do is ask - many base their prices on the time of year - a discount during Spring Break is highly unlikely yes, but we have met with and discussed deals for many skydivers this year.

Some rooms are pretty resonable for a new hotel in a small town.

TK