op5e

Skydive Nowra

I will post in this thread when I hear about event at Nowra that may interest fellow Aussies. They appear to be starting to get more organised and are organising in advance weekends which have crew, beach jumps, instructor ratings, packing etc..

I just like to clarify that I am only a regular jumper there and if you would like to know more about a specific even contact them by phone, or else join the yahoo group and send an email.

Please if anyone hears of events in surounding areas that may interest a newbie like myself please let me know.

Website - http://www.skydivenowra.com

Yahoo Group - http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/skydive_nowra/

Come jump the beach B|, swoop the water, have a bbq and a good time. Skydive Nowra will host their xmas bash at Jarvis Bay on the 18th and 19th of December.

If you are like myself and do not have a C license (demo 'd' available on the day) you can always jump at the airfield not far from the beach.

$25 boogie at Picton over x-mas.
We'll be doing some wingsuiting and general mayhem in the elad up to NY's if you want to come over from Nowra and have a play...;)
xj

"I wouldn't recommend picking a fight with the earth...but then I wouldn't recommend picking a fight with a car either, and that's having tried both."

Hej Jasmin, thanks for the heads up. I was hoping to make my way to picton for new years, even been looking at tents for this reason (but found one to borrow). I only got 27 jumps so wing suits ain't for me, but I will definately enjoy going out by myself and getting the extra 20sec of ff. Btw fyi I actually live in Canberra.

My plan for the xmas period is.

18-19th Dec - Nowra Xmas party (beach is awsome)
23rd Dec (or so) - Ramblers
30-31st Dec - Picton

Just have to do conversion to the club 190 rig so i can borrow it.

*grin*

.... and don't forget the Moruya Boogie - Feb 26 to Mar 6. It's much closer to Canberra than Nowra. Details at :

http://www.funnyfarm.com.au/moruya.html

Jumpships will be Skyvan and Beaver - all 14,000'.

Moruya is a great spot - and there's a camp ground right next to the DZ. Town is a short 5 or 6 kms away. So best you get some vacation planned and booked for some or all of this boogie.

Blue Skies,

fergs;)

.... and don't forget the Moruya Boogie - Feb 26 to Mar 6. It's much closer to Canberra than Nowra. Details at :

Jumpships will be Skyvan and Beaver - all 14,000'.

Moruya is a great spot - and there's a camp ground right next to the DZ. Town is a short 5 or 6 kms away. So best you get some vacation planned and booked for some or all of this boogie.

Blue Skies,

fergs;)

Hi Fergs, the funny farm website isn't working.
Isn't the Moruya boogie a freefly event???
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I have copied and pasted the details for moruya below. Their website is up and working again. Please check their website to get the most up to date info. My understanding is that moruya is a boogie for wingsuit, rw, and freefly.

February 26th to March 6th
Run Run's First One for 05.

Moruya Airfield is on the Eurobadalla Coast NSW and boasts an impressive 1500 metre bitumen runway alongside the Moruya River ending around 100m before a cool surf beach ensuring spectacular views and easy beach jumps.

Skyvan VH IBO and Beaver

Load Organisers

Freeflying:

* Jon King
* Buck
* Crikey
* Josh Vanderstelt
* Brown
* Mita

Wing Suits

* Neil Fergie

Rel Work:

* Douggs
* Wildman
* Poo Smith
* Michael Vaughan

Canopy Coaches

* Robbie McMillan
* Archie Jamieson

* Boogie Video Every Night by Elad Berger
* Digital Stills Photographers
* Demo Wingsuits and first jump courses
* Catering Onsite
* Full Camping facilities on the airfield (toilets, showers, drinking water)
* Moruya is only 10km away for more hotels, foodmarkets, etc...
* Information about the area can be found at www.naturecoast-tourism.com.au

Swoop Comp.

* First leg of the Run Cup
* Swoop comp held on Wednesday the 2nd Feb on the beach.
* Rules will be up soon

The Run Cup Champion will be the highest points scorer of three swoop meets. The second meet and the freestyle leg is at the canopy pilots week at funnyfarm
Registration and Prices

* $100 rego or $15 a day
* $34 to 14000ft. If you buy 30 jumps, get one free

More Information ask

Jack Surawski, [email protected] or

Roger Mulckey, [email protected]