aragao

Student AFF - Spinning problem

As an instructor, I don't want my student to track better than *me*!!

I consider my self a good tracker, so imagine my shock when a student took off like a banshee and I was only able to maintain and not gain on her.:$ Hey Ann J., nice track!!;) I remember thinking, "I hope she stops". I think given enough altitude, I would have caught her, but man she rreally took off.

Hook

>What´s the difference between DELTA and TRACK???

In a delta you bring your arms back and straighten your legs a bit, but you don't change your arch. In a track you lose the arch, put your arms all the way back, flatten your legs completely etc. A delta is used to move forward, a track is used to get clearance from a formation quickly and is as fast horizontally (and as slow vertically) as possible.

>Look out Djan.......................
>I read a "family fight" in the making!!

:-) :-)

It's taken many years but we are actually starting to
learn to talk to each other (and understand some of it).
She's from some other galaxy, you know, although from
her point of view she's the normal one in the family,
which just goes to show the magnitude of the situation.

Some day we are going to write a book, maybe even
the same book.

Skr

[QUOTE]In a delta you bring your arms back and straighten your legs a bit, but you don't change your arch. In a track you lose the arch, put your arms all the way back, flatten your legs completely etc. A delta is used to move forward, a track is used to get clearance from a formation quickly and is as fast horizontally (and as slow vertically) as possible. [/QUOTE]

In a delta youre still losing a lot of altitude, a track youre losing much less, correct? Your angle of "attack" is much shallower while tracking?

---------------------------------------------
let my inspiration flow,
in token rhyme suggesting rhythm...

you guys do understand I wanna perfect that tracking before AFF level 7 now do you guys?
Any good topics on this subject you guys know of?

------- SIGNATURE BELOW -------
Complete newbie at skydiving, so be critical about what I say!!
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

YEEEAAAHHHH!!!! YEEEAAAAHHHH!!!!
YEEEAAAHHHH!!!! YEEEAAAAHHHH!!!!
I GOT IT. I Passed my level 7, I can fly.

Djan, Wendy, Fudd and Billvon: Because I am not a good student, I decided not to use just one magic feather, but three magic feather :-)))

On saturday, before to try the level 7, I made a relaxation jump with my JM. Just to relax and make any maneveur.
Fudd, I go to the plane with my first magic feather: light shoes.The others magic feathers I have to get on the sky!!
I made a good exit, 13000ft and, like expected, I begun to spin. Yeah Djan and Wendy, As soon as I begun to spin I sticked a little my legs and I could feel the wind. But I can have one more magic feather, that´s right Billvon?? At the same time that I sticked my legs I looked above my shoulders and used my arms using curves principles. Magically, I STOPED guys!!! I made curves (360 left and right), track and I smiled to my JM. Yeah!! It´s was the first time that I smiled on free fall :-))

Now, on the same day, I tried may next jump: LEVEL 7.
It´s was a beatifull day:Sunset.
Good exit, but anything is WRONG: Where is my old and friend spin :-))) I am not spinning???, very, very strange. I make a backloop, curves, track. Very good!! I PASSED MY LEVEL 7!!!!! Some beers to relax.

Next day, sunday, my first SOLO jump and a little nervous.
Good exit, Just relax, stable. Spin??? What´s that?? :-))
Yeah!! I can see the sky, the ground. Yeah, great, I never saw the ground on free fall. It´s beatifull.

I would like to thanks Djan, Wendy, Fudd, Billvon, Skratch and everybody that give me good advices and good magic feathers. You are a great family.

VERY, VERY THANKS!!!!

CHeers,
Aragao

Congratulations!!!!

For some people, their first jump is their sky birthday. For others, there is another jump that's almost as important, or even more so.

This sounds like a jump like that for you -- wonderful.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Djan, Wendy, Fudd and Billvon: Because I am not a good student, I decided not to use just one magic feather, but three magic feather :-)))

Ahhh, Aragao, you are NO LONGER a student! And you are no longer a spinner. See? Relaxation is the key, that and a few magic feathers!

Thank you so much for making my day brighter and happier. Now you can pass the information you have learned to someone else. When you hear someone telling you that they are a bad student and maybe should stop trying, you can give that person a "magic feather" from you.

You are now well on your way to more and more blue skies. I was looking for your post on Dropzone.com because I was sure that you would find your way. Congratulations, and thanks for letting me know how it happened. Be safe and have fun!

DJan

Thank you so much for making my day brighter and happier. Now you can pass the information you have learned to someone else. When you hear someone telling you that they are a bad student and maybe should stop trying, you can give that person a "magic feather" from you.

Making your day brighter and happier?? Imagine me. Imagine my day yestarday!! It was so beatifull. I am smiling until now!!! :-))) You, Wendy, Billvon, Skratch and Fudd make it happen!!

Oh, yeah!!! Relaxation was the fourth and powerfull magic feather. Now I know that doesn´t exist bad students, but students without magic feather(s) :-) I will try to give these good advices.

Djan, very, very THANKS for make me more confident about my skills.

Aragao

I would just like to say that this is nothing unusual. I have found that it is usually caused by being really tense and fighting the air.

Can I suggest that you do some relaxation exercises before and after you get into the aircraft, and before exit. You obviously know what you are doing and can pull because you have made it to strage 7. Also ... when you are exiting make the count ... 'up... down...arch .... deep breath' (and then have a deep breath). I have found that 95% of the time that the spinning will stop.

The relaxation exercises I am talking about are deep breathing ... where you relax your stomach with each breath ... relaxing you overall.

One other thing to do is arch but keep your wrists loose.

If you can identify when you start to spin (remember when everything just started to get fast, you were turning, the alti was counting down and you were fighting to fix it ... it got faster and a bit of a blur) well ... next time that starts to happen in freefall ... take a deep breath, keep your arch and relax. The turn will stop.

Hang in there ... the spins always go away.