parachutist

Seminar for Beginners: CReW

September 24-26
Skydive Carolina (Chester, SC)
Organized by Frank Fowler

If you're a jumper who would like to try out CReW and learn the basics, come on over and spend the weekend with us. Details about this camp are online... and you can sign up for the seminar online as well. Just go to this web address for info and registration:
http://www.funjump.com/chester/

If you're an experienced CReW Dog who'd like to help coach some new folks, you're welcome to participate as well. Please visit the web page that's listed above and sign up using the online form.

Thanks!
Chris Warnock
D-25468

Experienced CRW Dogs are highly encouraged to attend and join in with us and /or do some great fun jumps with each other!

Would really like to see if we can keep the Otter full of CRW for the weekend.

Last weekend was a great beginner camp especially focusing on the collegiate group at CSS, was a great success and made quite enjoyable by both the talent of the newbies that attended along with a few CRW Dog buddies joining in the mix and giving special attention to the camp!

Great dives were made and several awards (4-stack) were earned, lots of smiles and CRW fellowship all weekend!

Let's make the next one an even greater success! Go to the Skydive Carolina site and check out the details!

I attended the camp at CSS this past weekend. We all had a blast and learned a WHOLE lot about the finer points of canopy control. Frank and his band of CReW-dog amigos are awesome and have lots and lots of experience to share with jumpers of all experience levels.

I'd highly recomend this camp to anybody who's even the least bit interested in CRW. I promise you'll leave with a smile and a lot more confidence about your canopy controll skills.

Much thanks to Frank, Steve, Jimbo, & Jackson!
Egad, A BASE life defiles a bad age.

Kelly,
Frank had a Box-O-Lightnings borrowed from the world team. The standard CRW wingloading is 1.3. I weigh 135 and flying a 126 made me just a little bit floaty. Next time I'm going to try a 113, which should put me at right about 1.3WL.

Compared to my usual canopy (safire 139), i found the lightning a little more responsive on the toggles, but still forgiving and easy to fly. Also, they aren't nearly as hard to land as all the non-crew dogs led me to believe.

I'd definitely encourage you to get up there and grab some nylon this weekend! Have fun!
Egad, A BASE life defiles a bad age.

All of the listed CRW instructors are extremely experienced and won't put you under a canopy that you're not comfortable with. The ideal wingloading is 1.3, but nobody wants anybody to get hurt. So, if you don't have experience with a WL of 1.3, just say so & they'll find a canopy that's appropriate for you. If you have any interest in CRW, I highly recommend a beginners camp. You won't regret it.

Hey Thanks Guys --

There is that CRW Dog spirit again, someone has a question and *bam* it gets answered right away by good buddies!

We will be using the lighter end / novice wing-load of 1.30 as mentioned and for those that would like to attend I highly recommend signing up so that you'd have a canopy assigned to you. Availibilty is pretty good but certain sizes are the most commonly needed.

Eric --Thanks for being so awesome to jump with, I'm coming back for you soon! (UNC 4-stack anyone?)

Chuck --Why not make it down to Chester and jump with the newbies and some experienced CRW Dogs coming?

Take Care,
Frank

I'm signed up, and I can't wait. I did a 3 stack (my first Crw) about two months ago.
It sounds like this is going to cost me some money.
How much do lightnings cost?????
For anybody coming to Skydive Carolina for the first time, it is a great place to jump.

How do ya like it Johnny?

Im in and I also managed to convince my freefly team mate to come too. ;)

*woot*

I took a couple days off work so I can attend the entire camp. Im headin up thursday morning from orlando. We are so freakin psyched.

See ya there - Derek

P.S. Have to ask: anybody willing to put up a couple skydivers for the weekend? If the weather is nice we can camp it, but we weould prefer to have an alternate plan.

Check-in for CRW Camp begins at 5:00PM Friday with the classroom session at 6:00PM so if you arrive mid-afternoon you'll have time to do the waiver thing, make a fun jump, get settled, etc!

If you are not going to be able to make the Friday session --Circle up at 7:00AM Saturday AM

If you haven't done so yet, go ahead and use the sign-up form on the Skydive Carolina site. If you have signed-up already and /or have emailed me directly you are all set.

Look forward to seeing everyone, we have a strong attendance for this camp and additional experienced CRW Dogs coming to support the group too.

See you all soon and take care,
Frank