Adriandavies

any news about UK Extreme Bodyflight opening?

Does anyone know when the Extreme Bodyflight site in the UK is due to open? Their website www.extremebodyflight.co.uk hasn't changed since I started looking at it and still mentions opening in August. They haven't replied to any email enquiries about a specific date. Added to that they haven't actually done any marketing of the project in the UK, unlike Skyventure which has regular mentions in the BPA Skydive magazine.

Any ideas or news?

Just going to post this same message myself. It doesn't look good really, I mean who starts a company and doesn't update the website to advise on works progress (especially with a works progress section on the site).

I think this project didn't make it and no one bothered to update the website to that fact!

Very disapointing.

Yep...nothing at all has changed on the website since I first saw it maybe 6 months ago. You would have thought that if work was progressing well they would be shouting it from the rooftops. Alternatively if little or no progress has been made wouldn't it be a good idea to remove the opening in August banner? In the absence of any new info and the fact that they do not reply to emails it looks like bad news.

You quite often read critisism of skydive companies on these pagers but you almost always get someone from that company posting back to defend themselves or to explain the situation. As yet that hasn't happened with Extreme Bodyflight. By way of contrast Simon Ward from Skyventure UK seems to read dropzone and does reply to posts. He also puts updates on his website even when the news isn't good and he replies to personal emails.

I only hope that if Extreme Bodyflight doesn't take off that we still end up with Skyventure being built. They are still looking for money but at least they seem a lot more professional and proactive in their whole approach to the business.

Hi,

Appologies to those that have tried to contact us, and been unsucessful...

I wont go into the technicalities, but over the last two months our hosting company has lets say 'left the building' preventing us changing the site or receiving emails! arrggh!!

We have unfortunately not proceeded with the renovation as yet, however do intend to do so.

I know alot of people are awaiting a first tunnel in the UK, and hope that we can conclude our plans in the near future.

I have been told that our email services will be resuming shortly (I wasnt aware that mails wernt getting through from the generic site addresses) but should anyone one want to discuss things I can be contacted on [email protected]

Bodyflight Bedford
www.bodyflight.co.uk

It aint gona happen in Bedford ! The company behind Extreme Bodyflight is called Extreme Creations. They are shown at Companies House as being a non trading company, status "proposal to strike off". They are based in Nottingham at what looks like a residential address.

I suspect this one has died (unless they are now trading under another company name)

BSBD

"Life is a bowl of deadly nightshade, stay way way out on the rim brother"