marks

PST qualifier @ SKYDIVE THE FARM.

No, you simply have to fly cleanly through the course (no blade strikes, no running it out) three times in a row.

Here is a tip for you guys who have been swooping five footers, though you have no reason to be doing so: Do not get down low in the course and think you are going to be able to carve around the corner without hitting blades. I sat and watched at CrossKeys as three of my Raeford peeps failed the qualifier because they were either too low, vertical, or hitting blades and wiping out. Another tip: do NOT get out there and "claim" your first swoops. Don't do it, no matter how good you think you are. Practice running the course until you can make it through three times cleanly in a row, and THEN start claiming your runs. You only get three opportunities to get three in a row, so don't fuck up and fail to qualify because of machismo. If you have not practiced on a ten foot tall carving course, then you had better get your shit straight before wasting attempts while you should be learning.

Once again, this is the entrance level. Not to be crass, but the judges don't care how many jumps you have and how many times you have swooped five foot gates. Before you can compete with five foot gates in the open, PRO category , you must first qualify and compete as an advanced (intermediate) through ten footers. The flying style is completely different through ten footers, so you should take the time neccessary to get accustomed to the course prior to challenging it for certification.

Please save yourself some heartache and take my advice.

Chuck

Good advice Chuck, thanks.

I plan on spending all friday afternoon and sat morning practicing before I make any declared runs even though we've been doing the 10 ft carve courses on the Florida tour, I stillwant to be nice and cozy before throwing down the gloves.

Thanks again.

Blues,
Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

I was going to take a really quick stab at Mark for pounding some pipe, and trying to get his pole in a hole, but .....................

Sometimes you just have to realize that while clubbing baby seals is fun, every now and then you have to give them a sporting chance to get their shit together.....................

Whilst you go find a bigger club :ph34r:.

(Rent's not due till the first so this should be good)

Coming soon to a bowl of Wheaties near you!!

getting closer.

looks like the winds are going to be 5 mph out of the east south east all weekend. wich isnt normal for this dz but it is 100 ft lower than most of its souroundings so this shouldnt be a problem. 30% chance of pop up thunderstorms but should be mostly sunny all off fri and sat. maybee a little cloudy on sun, we will see...

at least the winds will be consistant wich is a good thing when your qualifying.

im ready.

i want to leave work now and go practice. but doesnt look like that is going to happen..

see everyone friday.

THAT'S IT!!! IM KICKING YOUR ASS!

FUCKER!

At first glance, this would seem like a personal attack and grounds for banning. I'm going to assume you two actually know and like each other. :ph34r::S
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I like taking abuse from woman

I think that kind of information is going to come in handy someday. :P
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon