damion75

Espace Boogie 04 - Lapalisse, France

I hear good things about the boogie (like they have a jet every year), the DZ looks very smart from the photos on the website... etc etc.:)
The boogie runs from 07-15 Aug. Is anyone else planning on going? Or have any other points about the event, top tips etc?

Not one shred of evidence supports the theory that life is serious - look at the platypus.

I was in Lapalisse this time last week and even on a normal weekend it's a top DZ! The place is really well run with great planes, great staff etc - and it's impressively safety conscious (but without spoiling anybodies fun). I would absolutely *love* to go to the boogie... They played last years video in the bar and it looked like a brilliant event! Unfortunatly it clashes with the BPA 4-way FS Nats reserve weekend, so I won't be able to go... :( Also, I will have absolutely *no* cash by then! :(:(:(

Have fun if you go - and say bonjour to everyone for me :)
Steph
-x-

Its a crap boogie with a crap plane. I mean, who wants to jump from a huge ass tailgate jet? B|

Seriously, its awsome. To me, Quincy/Rantoul is about quantity, and Espace is about quality. Its more expensive then jumps in the US, but well worth it IMO. I did 50 jumps there both times I went­.

Depending on what you like to do, they have organising, but its a pretty high level: when I went, the smallest groups were 12-15 ways RW. They require pre-registration and if you plan on doing Load org jumps, you will be put in a group and that stays your group for your whole boogie. Its a great way to do better and better jumps. I cant comment on what they do for freaks, but there is also very good LOs there.

Vichy is a sleepy town, but with good inexpensive places to eat. Great food and ambiance at the DZ too. Lost of small hotels if you wanna go the more cash-hungry way.

If we were still in Europe, we'd go[:/]. Maybe next year. :)
Remster

Vichy is a sleepy town, but with good inexpensive places to eat.

The boogie isn't in Vichy this year though... It's going to be on the DZ at Lapalisse. Not that Lapalisse is particularly big or exciting either!

I want to jump a huge ass taligate jet!!!

Steph
-x-

The boogie isn't in Vichy this year though

Thats news to me. After last year's success, the orgs pretty much garranteed that it would be at Vichy with the AN72 for at least 2 years.

www.espaceboogie.com gives the Vichy map as the DZ location, plus the online para-mag http://www.para-mag.com/calendars says its in Vichy. Where did you get that info?

EDIT: and on the lapalisse website, they do confirm the AN72, which cannot land on the lapalisse runway, so it definatly Vichy.
Remster

Thanks for the notes - I am totally an FS flyer at the moment so the load organizing sounds great! B|

I am trying to convince some other guys to come but we shall see! :|

Not one shred of evidence supports the theory that life is serious - look at the platypus.

Where did you get that info?

Hmmm, yeah. From the website it does sound like Vichy...
Gilles from the DZ said that he was looking forward to having the boogie at Lapalisse this year, as it has more facilities etc. Maybe the plan is for people to stay at the DZ but jump out of Vichy. It is only up the road afterall.
I dunno... Just the impression I got when I was there.

I still wanna jump a huge-ass tailgate jet!!!

Steph
-x-

I think they improved the facilities at Vichy from the time I went (2000). Friends who went last year said it was much better (the showers at Vichy in 2000 were... mmm.... spartan.)

Compare that with the awsome facilities at Lapalisse! By far, the nicest, cleanest, facilities I've seen anywhere.

Have fun over there!
Remster

Webpage says:

Espace Boogie 2004
< 7 - 15 août 2004 > < August 7 - 15, 2004 >
ANTONOV 72 - VICHY

Last I heard it was still planned for Vichy as well.

For the Freaks, Babylon, Loic, Eli Thompson will be load organising, so there will be some bad arse jumps.

I am also under the impression that the Beech 99 (14'000 ft in 8mins) might be there as well as the AN-72. Jan from Skydive Portugal has just got it running, and it is a bad arse aeroplane. He also wants larger engines, I think they have -27's and he will put -32's on it.!!!

So ESPACE BOOGIE 2004 will be an event to attend for sure. Can't wait

Does anyone have any info about the boogie for first-timers? I'm thinking of going (well - the plan would be to go to Vichy until the 13th, and find some way to get to Karlovy Vary for the Czech Boogie from there).

There doesn't seem to be a huge amount of info on the web site though - I'm trying to work out how to get there (coming from the UK), where to stay, jump prices etc. I've tried e-mailing the organisers, but haven't heard back as yet!

Cheers,

I am also under the impression that the Beech 99 (14'000 ft in 8mins) might be there as well as the AN-72. Jan from Skydive Portugal has just got it running, and it is a bad arse aeroplane.

I can confirm that Jan's Beech99 is a *seriously* nice jumpship. No hearsay this time either... First hand info. He was flying it the weekend I was there. In fact, my 4-way team were the first people ever to jump it!!! (That's what Jan told us anyway) :)
He was talking about mods he was planning and they included some grippy material for the floor, (especially in the door!) a camera step and another rail. Once those have been done I reckon that plane will be perfect! We timed it at 7 mins to 13,800ft... It didn't hang about going to 19k either.

I think he's flying it at a DZ near Paris atm... Can't remember the name though. I'm sure it'll come back to me - or more likely, someone will post it first!

Steph
-x-

I'm trying to work out how to get there (coming from the UK), where to stay, jump prices etc.

Dont remember the prices anymore, its been a while...

As far as where ot stay, lots of room for camping. Otherwise, look into the small hotels in Vichy (we went through expedia).

To get there, I had a friend who came by train from the UK through Paris and it wasnt the most straight forward affair. Driving would be best if you can.
Remster

i didn't get much joy from the website etc either. As for accommodation I reckon a tent ought to do the trick!

PM'd about travel to Karlovy Vary. :)

Why would you want a smaller, slower plane then the AN72?

An alternative to the 20 min boarding proceedure and the excellent spots you can receive???;)

As for getting there people, Vichy is on a railway line which is not running directly to Paris, however.....

It goes nicely to Lyon, so fly to Lyon and then get train to Vichy.

From Paris, it is similar to going to Lapalisse the DZ. In Paris get to the Gare de Lyon, take a train down to a station called St. Germain des Fosses. This is a fast route, and should take a couple of hrs. (final destination, Clermont Ferrand) From St Germain des Fosses, Vichy is one stop on a train heading to Lyon. Its as simple as that, well simplier when someone explains it to you!!!
Espace is going to rock this year, now everyone knows how to get there by public transport!:)

I guess it is also a good way to practice talking with the locals when you land so far off!!!!;)
Seriously, this boogie rocks and I just so happen to have some info from the latest Lapalisse email.

*** Espace Boogie first news: VICHY // Antonov 72 + Beech 99 ***

The preparation of the 2004 edition of Espace Boogie (August 7 - 15) is also well started. The Antonov 72 " White Shark " and Beech 99 will propose to all jumps from 4800 m (15750 ft). All information regarding the boogie, a settlement map, the list of load organizers as well as online pre-registrations are available on Espace Boogie Internet site http://www.espace-boogie.com

Minimum requirements :
+ 35 jumps (French: B degree ; for all : up-to-date logbook);
+ 15 jumps within the season;
+ a valid licence;
+ for the foreigners : a certificate of third party liability insurance valid on the French territory including the repatriation;
+ for the EC citizens : a E111 social security form (http://www.google.com/search?q=E111);
+ parachute documents (reserve packing validity : 6 months). All parachutes deemed in bad shape will be systematically refused;
+ revised AAD;
+ for the group jumps : corresponding degree (for the French : B2 or B4 degree);
Beginning of registrations: Friday, August 6 (18:00 to 23:00)

Load organizers 2004 espace :

Freefly : Eli THOMPSON (FlyBoyz), Charles BRYAN (FlyBoyz), Stéphane FARDEL (BaByLoN), Fred FUGEN (BaByLoN), Olav ZIPSER (the godfather), Tazio MADLIGER (XLR-8), Arno FLETCHER (Team Gandhies)

Formation skydiving :
Patrick PASSE, Milko HODGKINSON, Dario JOTTI, Dave MORRIS, Benji REFFET, Manu SARRAZIN (VR8 France), Guillaume BERNIER (VR8 France), Jérémie ROLLETT (VR8 France), Mathieu BERNIER (VR8 France)

Wingsuit :
Loïc JEAN-ALBERT (Fly your Body), Stéphane ZUNINO (Fly your Body)

Video team :
Wendy SMITH, Tim PORTER, Willy BOEYKENS

FS Video :
Jean-Pierre ROY, Téo MONTEIRO, Conny JOTTI, Willy BOEYKENS, Laurent PECHBERTY, Alex PEREIRA, Thomas RICHAUD, Stéphane MISTROT DIT PACHET

Prices (incl. IVA) :
- Boogie registration: 55 €
- Plane ticket destination 4800 m (15750 ft) : 22,50 €
- Organized load extra: 3 €
- Plane ticket with no boogie registration: 29,50 €
- Parachute rental (per jump, including packing) : 16 €