MaybeMor

BIG DZ in the U.K. Where?! :(

Hello guys :P,

For those of you who does not Know me- I'm David and I'm after a BIG DZ here in the U.K that is more suitable for the more advanced skydivers among us (none of this Tendem/ AFF nons plz :).

my plan is to go a-bit around the U.K visiting some NICE DZ's.

Any suggestions?
B|

Huge THANXXXX,

D.
David Mor

I'm sure you will get lots of suggestions and it partly depends where in the UK you will be but I can recommend:

Netheravon - near Salisbury - Grand Caravan and Turbine Islander all year. Really nice facilities.
http://www.netheravon.com/

Langar - near Nottingham - two Grand Caravans all year round, 2 boogies per year with Skyvan, lots of great load organising.
http://www.bpslangar.co.uk/

Hibaldstow - near Brigg - turbines all year round, always lots happening.
http://www.skydiving.co.uk/

I hope this is helpful!

Vicki

Edited: to add links

If you're up in the north east try peterlee.

members.aol.com/skydiveamy/

The website is a bit shit a cheesy but at the dz we have the SMG or a dornier from hib at weekends, never many tandems and getting on lifts is a piece of cake. I could easily see you being on every other lift.

We're also very friendly :)

UK Skydiver for all your UK skydiving needs.

Cheers Vicki Andrew and everybody ;)
and thanX 4 the links...

Netheravon looks like a really good DZ. In fact, I'm trying to find a way how to get there (from Radlett) next weekend on the Boogie that's on.

I'm thinking of doing my Undergraduate degree (Int'l relsn.) in the Uni of Nottingham so I had a word with some guy there and he said that Langar is the Uni's DZ. B|B|B|B| and some more B|

About the other DZ's, the plan for me so far is to head for the nethers first if possible, then I'm off to Spain (EmpuriaBrava) and back to Sibson and Hinton (maybe Langar as well if I'll have the time :)

Ta guys (Vicki Tricki...:S),

David Mor.
Radlett

Langar is pretty good and is the closest DZ to Nottingham. Big landing area, plenty of capacity, freefly and flat coaching, load organising, bar and food. They do a fare amount of tandems, but you should still be able to get plenty of jumps in each weekend day. Public transport there is poor so it will help if you can get a lift or have a car. There is also an active Nottingham Uni club who may be able to help you out.