Becca

Georgia Skydivers Christmas Party

This was originally sent out via email and we are posting it here so we don't miss anyone

I hope this season finds everyone well. A few of us have talked about the need for a get together that involved skydivers from every DZ in Georgia. A party of all parties where it didn't matter where you jump cause no one gives a rat's butt. A party where new jumpers got to meet other GA jumpers and old jumpers got to meet new ones and renew acquaintances. A party that would strengthen our skydiving community. So after years of "We should" now we are!!!!

Here is low down. Everyone is invited so please invite your friends.

December 13th Saturday night party @ Dark
The Famous Chris Spence is cooking a rib and chicken dinner.
Wonderful Harvey who jumps out in cedartown has hired a band.
We should have some kegs of beer, but of course I recommend bringing your own too.
We have been offered a newly completed Hanger by
Greg Dowdy near the town of Cedartown. Detailed directions are below. This party will be on private property. You can camp, Hotels near Cedartown are available as well, Please don't drink and drive.
To help us cover the cost of the food and the band we are asking each party goer contribute 10 bucks. Excess money collected will be offered as a door prize.

Please RSVP so we know how much food to make. We have also been offered jumps during the day from a porter (he has an airstrip on his land)

Please RSVP if possible to [email protected]

Some more info on the Georgia Skydivers Party. The RSVP's have been coming in fast and furious it seems this was a great idea afterall. I have people coming from every DZ in GA plus some from Tennessee and Alabama. On top of the Band we have playing, the great DJ's of Georgia have agreed to spin some fantastic music. We have Tom Balzer, Eric Deren and Mark Shimmell. Chris is getting his grills packed up and his wife Julie is smiling though it all. I have over 60 people RSVP'd so if your planning on coming please let me know ASAP. I have to tell Chris how much food to get, and we have to order the beer.

The plane will be flying all day. So you can come early and get some jumps in. There is power for RV's to hookup If you have any questions let me know.

Here are the directions.

1195 Grady Road Cedartown, GA

Take I-20 to Thorton Road turn right stay on 278 into cedartown (about 40 minutes) go 1.6 miles past cowboy's gas station and turn left on Grady Road. Go 2.3 miles and turn left onto the property (there will be signs.

Blues Skies

Becca

My wife and I are going house shopping in GA that weekend (we're living in MA right now).

We'll be coming along with Eric Deren and are looking forward to meeting all of you.

Blue skies
Ian

edit: Just spoke to my wife....says she RSVP'd with you today :)
Performance Designs Factory Team

Yep that would be me ;) This is shaping up to be a great party we are expecting around 100 people. Can't wait to meet you and your wife.

See you Saturday
Becca

Hey Becca,
I think I should log my hospital landing as a class I demo; what do you think?

Chuckie

hehehehe is it on video?

ok im sorry didnt mean to laugh...

ok i hope i dont have a hospital landing......

looking for wood to knock on

[Hey Becca,
I think I should log my hospital landing as a class I demo; what do you think?

Chuckie

I think maybe, if people at the VFW next store clapped then you can. If not, no one saw it therefore, no Demo. Oh wait I sorta saw it from above, I was clapping so yeah a demo. Log it!

:ph34r:
Becca

Becca,

Thanks to you and everyone else for making us feel so welcome. The offers are in negotiation for the house so it looks like you guys are going to be stuck with us now.

See you soon (in the air).

Blue skies
Ian

thanks for coming out ian.. it was good meeting you and your wife!