ernokaikkonen

How fast did the 300-way fall?

Patience young Jedei, I'm very sure Billvon will have many stats for us once the NEW records are set.....

Have a good one Erno,
Cya Monday.
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

>How fast was the base? How much lead were they wearing?

Not much. I was in the outer ring of the base and had to wear a sweatshirt over my jumpsuit to put myself in the middle of my range. Speeds were averaging 115 unadjusted, which is very slow at 10,000 feet. (normally speeds are higher at high altitudes due to the thinner air.)

>What about the completed formation?

Same; didn't change much after the 104 way base was built.

>Total freefall time of the base?

Around 110 seconds. It is eerie to sit, docked, for 50 seconds and wait for things to happen around you.

Thanks for the info.

>Speeds were averaging 115 unadjusted,

Slow, indeed. I thought the bases of big-ways had to go much faster to compensate for the slowing down of the formation when it got bigger.

Erno,
The main idea with all rw jumps is matching fallrate, it's just that the bigger it gets, the more important it becomes! I think the reasoning for more speed is to keep the big boys (and/or girls) from going low![:/]

>I thought the bases of big-ways had to go much faster to
>compensate for the slowing down of the formation when it got bigger.

Well, it all depends on what the fallrate range of the people in the dive are. In this case we had people with very wide fallrate ranges, so we didn't have a serious problem.