MiataDRM

Lost in the Gulf and no skydiving...SEND pictures!

Hello everyone! I'm sorry I've been a stranger, but I've been away on a "business" trip to the sunny Gulf in the middle east. All jokes aside, I love it hear, but Bahrain does not have a DZ! [:/] So, I need a favor from a few of you fellow dz.commers! If I may beg of you...could you puhleeeeeaaaaaze send me a few skydiving pics? It's been 3 months since I've last jumped & it looks like it will be at least another 4-10 months before my current deployment is over! Freeflying would be perfect, but right now I'll settle for CRW-dog photos...hell I'll settle for a photo of the gravel pit! my email is [email protected]

Thanks in advanced...Semper Fi, blue sky & safe highs (altitude smart ass)! :P
I'm a Pschydiver!
Majdi E.

MiataDRM,
Why settle for pictures when you can get your ass in the blast and knees in the breeze. Don't exactly know what your situation is but if you get a weekend (Thursday & Friday) off head to Dubai, U.A.E. it's only a 50 min flight away - for about 40 Dinars. Head for Um Al- Quawain. Visa's at the airport, we got a Caravan and a very active multi-national group jumping on most weekends. A mini boogie is happening starting on Feb 6 - through the 14th. Also a large boogie (Pete Marsdin) begins on the 19th until the 28th. If interested contact me via email.
Cheers
phat, dumb & happy

Are you getting your copy of Parachutist out there? I'd be fine with sending you mine if you want to PM me the address to send it to.

And he's not a soldier (by what he said anyway) he's a Marine. There's a difference.

Stay safe and thanks!

"Five days? But I'm angry now!"

but I've been away on a "business" trip to the sunny Gulf in the middle east. All jokes aside, I love it hear, but Bahrain does not have a DZ!
:P

Hey MAj,

Well I'm just over the causeway in saudi and come over to Bahrain reasonably often. Was at the Country Club in Budayah (western side Manama) on thursday last for a beer and a steak. Are you able to get off base? Lets get together.

Also I concur with Poczynec - if you can make it to UAE, we are skydiving there. We'll all be there from 6 to 14 Feb - so see how you can make it.

Blue Skies, fergs

;) I can only concur with what Fergie and Dave had already said. Join us here in Dubai over Eid for a great mini-boogie. Pete Marsden will be bringing his group over from Europe and we will be skydiving every day from the 20th to the 28th of FEB.

Hope to see you soon.

Blue Skies

Tallies
" You have never lived until you've almost died, and for those who has experienced it, life has a flavour the protected would never understand"

I just wanted to thank everyone for their support & kind words....and the beautiful pictures! I was so depressed yesterday that I went out and bought the Nikon D100 to work on taking still photos when I get back in the air (after I become current again)...the great thing about Nikon is that I can still use my lenses (D type) from my old Nikon instead of re-building my collection!

Depending on what's going on the world, I will definitely try to take a few days of leave & come out for the boogie in the UAE...I hope to meet you all & thank you in person.

As for the Fergs, I hope we're able to meet while visiting Bahrain. I sent you my contact info...hope you get it in time.

Semper Fi & Blue Ones!
Majdi

Hi Majdi

The boogie is on from the 10th to the 14th of FEB and the second one is from the 20 to the 28th of Feb. Hope to see you at our DZ soon.

Cheers

Tallies
" You have never lived until you've almost died, and for those who has experienced it, life has a flavour the protected would never understand"

Y0 Maj!!!!

Where are you? I was in Bahrain 3 times last week and couldn't find you ...... let me know. If you have a free evening this week, say Monday 3 or Tue 4 Feb, I'll come for a beer and a steak .... Or did you go Yemen? Just stay out of Baghdad the next cpl weeks .....

Next weekend we'll be juming in UAE, 6,7,8 Feb. Can you make it? The following week will be 11,12,13,14 Feb. Assuming we have enough jumpers, I'd like to think we can make 10 jumps each day. You up for it?

It's tough in the Gulf!!!!

Blue Skies, fergs

My favorite Fergs in the entire world! Unfortunately, I'm no longer in Bahrain (u don't know how much I wish I was). I'm currently in Yemen. Speaking of which, I'm in a venting mood.

Well...let me tell you about my bloody day! I went out to help the British forces train the yemeni forces...all went well. Dropped the blocks off (how's my brit. speak?)....and started driving back to the Embassy. On the way, I saw an amazing thing...crystal blue sky...the city w/ a
minaret/mosque towering over all other buildings w/
beautiful mountain range in the background. I stopped & got out of my car to take a picture...make a long story short, I was detained for better part of 2 hours while they searched my car, and took my new camera (Nikon D-100) for examination! I called someone w/ a little clout w/in the local gov't & I was allowed to leave w/in 5 minutes...with my camera & passport of course! By the way, they didn't care about the fact that I had a pistol on my side during the entire detention!

What really burns me is that when they were appologizing to me, they said what they did was was for my own good....because there was someone behind me, getting ready to kidnap me (what a load of crap...NO ONE was on the f#@$ing road)!
GRRRRRRRRRRRRR...I am soooo pissed right now! It made me realize why my parents packed us up & left the bloody middle east for the U.S....Anyway, just wanted to say hi & vent a little. Hope your week is going well & thanks for listening. I'll find out by Wed if I'll be able to fly out to the UAE...as of now, it's not looking good.

On a lighter note, the only positive thing that came of this...one of the military officers had jump wings on his uniform...his face brightened up when he saw my USPA magazine in the car & we started chatting like we were old buddies (never mind the rest who were pricks). ;)

Majdi
*I'm a pschydiver

hahahahahaha, just wait til you have a day with a little excitement in it ....

Anyhow, hope you can make it to Dubai then up to the DZ on the weekend. Leave your sidearm in Yemen - but maybe we can have a little shooting comp on the range nearby.

Take care - watch those invisible kidnappers, and most importantly, look around for bogies before you get your camera out.:ph34r:

fergs