cgross

skyventure under construction

A WIND TUNNEL IN NJ??!!!!! WOOOOOOO HOOOOOO, that's awesome, in fact, I'll move next to it :)
Does anyone knows about the INVESTOR thinghy?, I checked Skyventure website the other day and is different, I'm just wondering what's that all about.

Hello all,

I was just at this site
http://www.skyventure.com/usmap.htm

It shows a tunnel under construction in NJ.

It just shows the site is "under development" not construction. Development is a long way from the construction phase.
Tom Buchanan
Instructor Emeritus
Comm Pilot MSEL,G
Author: JUMP! Skydiving Made Fun and Easy

Hey guys-

keep in mind that this is a new website for Skyventure and all the info is still being tweeked. NJ is in the future (at least it is today) but as TomBuch said, big difference between "under construction" and "under development..."

If you check out the one for Colorado (which IS going to happen, BTW) there are pics on the website of people flying in the tunnel and also a map to the location....even though ground has yet to be broken. :) They're understandably anxious to get it up and running.

hope this (off the record) answers some questions....and that's all i got to say about that. ;)

blues,
arlo:ph34r:

From what i read it's supposed to go into a new recreation complex in Trenton with a motocross park/ skatepark and some other stuff.

Last i heard they were nailing down a location and trying to finalize the funding for the whole project.. that was probably 6-8 months ago.

Landing without injury is not necessarily evidence that you didn't fuck up... it just means you got away with it this time

From what i read it's supposed to go into a new recreation complex in Trenton with a motocross park/ skatepark and some other stuff.

Last i heard they were nailing down a location and trying to finalize the funding for the whole project.. that was probably 6-8 months ago.

ding ding :ph34r:
a

yadda yadda, I've had this discussion with a couple of tunnel manufacturers, the start up cost is Huge there, better spot is out by six flags.

What are you talking about? The site i linked to said "Under Construction".

Interesting. When I clicked on your link originally I saw a page with "under development" and a lot more locations. Now it's showing a smaller number of sites "under construction."
Tom Buchanan
Instructor Emeritus
Comm Pilot MSEL,G
Author: JUMP! Skydiving Made Fun and Easy

Sometime last summer I received an email from Bill Kitchen that there was a site "under contract" in the Chicago area for a wind tunnel. My guess is that the economy has something to do with no "dot" on the map around Chicago now, but some day I hope someone will decide to put one in this region:)

I don't drink during the day, so I don't know what it is about this airline. I keep falling out the door of the plane.

Harry, FB #4143

the website is under construction. there is NO construction related to any Skyventure windtunnel in NJ at this time.

hope that clears things up for now...

arlo:ph34r:

DAMN!!! >:(

well, if would pony up a few million, you could get it under construction....:)