TheBile

Agoraphopia

Did anyone here awaken a latent sense of agoraphobia during their first jumps as a student ?

Up to that point most of you probably spent your life not more than 5 feet off the ground. When you left that aircraft for the first time you were surrounded 360degrees vertically and horizontally with thousands of feet of nothing. A powerful experience for such a phobia to surface.
Gerb

I stir feelings in others they themselves don't understand. KA'CHOW !

I only felt that sense of being alone in the sky on my second 10sec delay. Static line jumps, I still felt attached to the plane, 3 and 5sec, and the first attempt at 10sec (pulled on about 7sec:P), I was under canopy too quickly to notice. But after my second 10sec, my face looked like this:o then B| under canopy:D. It was an amazing feeling, and still is. :)

Kerry

Probably the first couple out of the cessna.

I am still a bit leary of heights, but not out of planes....wierd!! It's like your insanely too high to be afraid of falling. Now put me on a 20 foot ladder and you'll have an ear full of oh shits.....
Que sera sera

what is fear? B|

The force that makes you and everyone else in the 50-way turn shit into diamonds when your slider gets quiet and the whole thing stops flying. Often accompanied by thoughts of "Mommy!" :o

That was beautiful
-
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto