Ron

When not jumping...what do you do?

I do a lot of things in the winter to pass the time up here since there is only a 6 month op period ( give or take ) Raquetball, Track, wieght lifting. I also do a lot of swimming to keep in shape and snowboard everyweekend like I would skydive, My second love.

In the summer there are only a few things to do, Camp, Rock Climb, Skydive, and mountainbike.

There are a lot of things you learn to have to do here in the peg to pass the time or you WILL die of boredom.

"Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools." Napoleon Bonaparte

Personally I look way too forward to my weekends at the DZ during my week but that is mostly because I have way too much responsibility during the week. I go to school (I am a marine biology major), have a 2 year old daughter who I like spending as much time with as I can and I work out at the gym at least 2 days a week 2-3 hours at a time. When I am not working or skydiving on the weekends I enjoy traveling to other DZs and visiting friends. When I lived in Hawaii I SCUBA dove every weekend but now living in California the water is just way too cold. I love to water-ski and kneeboard but haven't met anyone lately with a boat. Its all enough to keep me busy.
Roy Bacon: "Elvises, light your fires."

Sting: "Be yourself no matter what they say."

Raquetball and Squash are such underrated sports.

Ever since I got into it about 8 months ago, at least where I live, the community is really close.

Competition is good too, my coach is the 1992 womens champ and she knows how to motivate her team;)

"Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools." Napoleon Bonaparte

Pretty much I'm either doing things with my kids, watching lots of soccer games, or moderating the dropzone.com forums.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Other things that I like to do when I'm not jumping: visiting my family (especially my nephew...man it's fun spoiling him), running (kinda....I'm really bad at it, but I'd like to do a 5K in Sept), volunteering (If there is a God or something like that, then I'm pretty "blessed" or whatever, so I may as well attempt to return that favor), reading (although, exams and stuff take away from my reading time), hanging out with friends, and making out (that really is one of my favorite past times...honestly!)

There are some other things that I'd like to do this summer instead of skydiving: traveling to Europe (that definitely won't happen...damn that money thing), white water rafting, take dance lessons again.

I started skydiving to gain new experiences, etc etc. I think last summer I somewhat limited my new experiences by only skydiving on the weekends.
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

When I lived in Hawaii I SCUBA dove every weekend but now living in California the water is just way too cold.

To cold? Bwaahaahahaahaa!!! You could always wear a wet suit -- or even a dry suit! I remember a night dive once where my buddy and I put on our wet suits at home, then drove to the dive site. It was snowing heavily -- and the path down to the water's edge was under a thick layer of ice, covered by the accumulated snow. It's wayyy cool coming to the surface after a great night dive to find yourself in the midst of a blizzard!

What do the wuffos do on a day like today????

Ron

When in whuffo mode I mostly shoot guns - skeet, trap, clays, and bullseye. For heavy caliber stuff (.45/70 pistol, .460 Weatherby, .50 BMG)I like to shoot things that justify the insane amounts of energy and achieve spectacular results.

I handload for over 36 metallic calibers and 6 shotgun bores.

Fishing I do by strapping on tanks, grabbing a speargun and getting the little bastards where they live. Screw drowning bait.

Riding around on motorcycles (Wide Glide Shovelhead) and flying airplanes is for transportation rather than recreation.

Bicycles, unicycles and rollerblades are mostly for transport, but riding horses is more for recreation.

Skiing, water skiing, sailing and the like are fun. It's all a matter of availability.

I also go through a couple of books a week.

Left to my own devices, I'd rather skydive.

Peace,

Winsor

School keeps me pretty busy. I spend most of my free time (outside of skydiving) playing my bass, running, biking, climbing, or playing photographer. When I'm hanging out with the guys (and not skydiving) we go rapelling, or climbing, or breaking into closed grocery stores and shooting each other with pellet guns.