RogerRamjet

What are my options for anniversary jump?

Hi everyone, I did all my jumping in the 70's and haven't jumped since 1980.

History:
1000 jumps, over 700 on squares (of the time, para plane, sled, cloud, and mostly StratoStar).

4 cutaways, 2 intentional on shot and a half capewells, 1 real on oneshot capewells, 1 intentional on 3-ring.

Accomplished relative worker, jumped with Deland and Z-hills (10, 16, and 20 man) winning teams in Turkey meets of the day.

Now:
Competative Water-skier (in other words, I'm fit).

I'm thinking about making a 30 year anniversary jump at Z-Hills where I made my first jump on July 1, 1973.

Questions:

What are my options? It seems Z-Hills offers static line and tandom at least.

1) Static line would be ok.
2) I'm not interested in a tandom jump.
3) Are buddy jumps (two jumpers on either side of the student) still available?

What else is required?

Thanks!

-----------------------
Roger "Ramjet" Clark
FB# 271, SCR 3245, SCS 1519

First off...I love you name...(thats is what I call all the new jumpers that I think need to slow down some)
Static line, tandem...WTF?
I was thinking more like upside down, naked, night
CRW on acid.
Ok maybe you should do an AFF jump( they don't call
them buddy jumps anymore).
Welcome back...have a blast.
...mikeB|

-----------------------------------
Mike Wheadon B-3715,HEMP#1
Higher Expectations for Modern Parachutists.

I starting in 1973 also, and had a 6-year gap between 1990-1996 where I didn't jump at all. Not quite in the league of your gap, but given your experience I think that with some refresher training you would be very comfortable on a jump. Gear has changed a lot (for the better) since 1980. Subject to what the DZ says, I'd recommend a "buddy jump." At the DZ I got back into it they wanted to just go up and do a medium sized RW jump, but I opted for a clear/pull. It was a piece of cake. You might go the clear/pull route.

-- Jeff
My Skydiving History

Well, if ya did want to tandem..PM me...
If ya want to go AFF (Buddy Jump), call the manifest at Zhills....Can't help ya there.

Ron
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Couple of years ago, we had a (very experenced) jumper come back after a decades long layoff. He just did a coach jump, and picked up from there. Now the bastard is on his head and showing a lot of the young guns how it is done. (Any comments Tom? I know you lurk here.)

I came back after an extended layoff (8 years, which was preceded by about 5 years). Did a 2-hour refresher course, a solo jump, and a couple of coached jumps. It was way cool.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

"First off...I love you name...(thats is what I call all the new jumpers that I think need to slow down some) "

Thanks, I got the nickname due the speed I could dive at. I thought I was pretty fast until I got on Jim Hooper’s 10 man speed team. He put me ninth saying I was fast, but Steve Fugleburg was tenth and beat me into the star for six months until I "came up to speed."

After that, I felt I could outrun pretty much anybody until one day at a Thanksgiving meet, I found myself diving next to Roger Nelson and I couldn't get a lead on him. When we got to the ground, we became "fast" friends.

Nowadays, with everyone so comfortable standing on their heads, I'm sure pretty much everyone could outrun me :)

-----------------------
Roger "Ramjet" Clark

Roger, give TK Hayes (DZM) a call at z-hills (1-800-404-9399). he'll fill you in on what you need to get back in the air...

arlo >:(

Thanks Arlo, I intended to do just that and you have made it easy with a name and a number so I won't have to do a web search :)

-----------------------
Roger "Ramjet" Clark

no sweat Roger. as a matter of fact, he and i are discussing another fund-raising boogie for the 4th. last year, it was to benefit Jump for the Cause (breast cancer research). this year it may be the American diabetes foundation or something... or maybe we could call it the "welcome back roger boogie :)...

glad i could help...
arlo:ph34r:

came back after an extended layoff (8 years, which was preceded by about 5 years). Did a 2-hour refresher course, a solo jump, and a couple of coached jumps. It was way cool.

Wendy W.

Wendy forgot to add:

"Am and now showing those young, (and not so young), guns how its done!". :)
:P

"Mock not thine altitude, lest the ground come up and smite thee!"