cateran

AFF info required

Last year I did my first static line jump and although i loved it I couldn't do any more due to my ridiculous shifts and the trusty scottish weather. Three months past without another jump and I discovered that I would need to start all over again. I was heartbroken!

My original plan was to learn how to skydive. I've recently found out about the AFF program and think it may be the answer to my problem but i do have a few concerns as it'll require me to go abroad (Spain) and do it in a oner.

They say it can be done in a week how practical is this? Is it reasonable to say that most people could manage it in this time?

Any help greatly appreciated
Jimbo

I did my AFF in 3 days, inc one re-take at level 6 at z-hills in 98. If my memory is correct Craig Poxon did his in 2 days around the same time. A week is plenty of time..technically only one jump per day.

~S beej

----------------------------------------------------
If the shit fits - wear it (blues brothers)--

They say it can be done in a week how practical is this? Is it reasonable to say that most people could manage it in this time?

I just did my AFF. There were about 10 guys that all finished it in 3 days.
I was AWFULL at it and could have finished it in 4 or 5 days of my money had lasted.

I've learned and am taking a week off for AFF + 25 weeks for solojumps. All this only in august.
I'm also going abroad to France (from Belgium) because my instructors will be there during summer months.
If you go abroad be VERY sure they speak the same native tongue as you. Even if you know the other language "ok", I wouldn't do it.

------- SIGNATURE BELOW -------
Complete newbie at skydiving, so be critical about what I say!!
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

We are running an AFF course in Jersey for 5 days from 7-11 July if you are interested.

All the instructors are English and the views are fantastic plus all the jumps are onto a beach! Lots of jocks about to keep you company. Plus we've just been shown to be the sunniest place in the British Isles!

More info www.jerseyskydive.com if interested.

Blue skies wherever you decide to go!
Al.

I did a 10 jump program in 3 days...Its usually not a problem unless you get into some really shitty weather. Most DZs wont let you do more than 4 jumps in a day though...some keep it to 3 because it can be a bit much for a student to do so many jumps in one day. It can be a bit overwhelming and your performance can begin to degrade as you get more physically, emotionally exhausted....good luck.