CloudOnMyTongue

The skydivers Handbook

I have heard only good reviews about this book, and after finding out my public library doesn't have a copy I was going to buy it online.

I see that there is one that you can order coming out in August (it didn't say when in August)

I was wondering if anyone knows what's going to be updated in the new version.

LOL ... I was going to say the same thing. But Jeremy beat me to it. But his book is likely in better shape than mine as mine got wet a while back and it looks pretty beat up. Hey the same offer (paying for postage) is extended for my pack like a pro video if you're interested.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

I've got the book. I think it's pretty good. Some of the photos are a little old (and thus funny), but the information is pretty up to date.

I would say it's worth getting. It's nice to have a handy reference like that. Plus, you have to do something when it rains!

Gale
I'm drowning...so come inside
Welcome to my...dirty mind

I have heard only good reviews about this book, and after finding out my public library doesn't have a copy I was going to buy it online.

It really is a great book. If you've been to a Barnes&Noble bookstore, you know how hard it is to find anything on skydiving. But I was lucky - somewhere between the hundreds of books on football, golf (phew...) and bodybuilding there was the only skydiving book - the Handbook.

I read it after reading the SIM, but before I started jumping. When you're totally new to all the stuff, the language of the Handbook is a good change from the super-dry language of the SIM.

But once you get the feeling of the material, do a few jumps, you pretty much won't need more words than there are in the SIM, so you'll stick to it for a while. At least it seems to be the case with me.

My library has it, along with several other skydiving books I've bought, read, and donated. If I ever want to read it again, I know where to get it and in the meantime, someone else might learn something from them.
D28695 PoPs #9237
"Mix ignorance with arrogance at low altitude and the results are almost guaranteed to be spectacular"
— Bruce Landsberg