outofit

six minutes in the tunnel kicked my ass!

went to the tunnel today thinking no problem! purchased 15 minutes of time and proceeded to the instruction phase! after 6 minutes i was totally killed and took a raincheck! it certainly wasn't as easy as i first envisioned!

It is better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!

went to the tunnel today thinking no problem! purchased 15 minutes of time and proceeded to the instruction phase! after 6 minutes i was totally killed and took a raincheck! it certainly wasn't as easy as i first envisioned!

1. How much $$$ per minute?
2. Any tunnels in Texas?

not to brag...but my wife and i did 30 minutes...rehearshing for our wedding jump...a little sore afeterwords but it was all worth it. the cost was 10 per minute. now...go and start working out

Dude, I have 1.5 hours of tunnel time, the first 10 mins were really painful, why? BECAUSE I DIDN'T RELAX!!!, the other sessions were smooth, sweet and just plain awesome.

Do lots of stretching for a few weeks before you get in the tunnel, that helps...Also probably expect to wear a bit more lead than usual, especially if the weather is cold cos it goes faster...

My arms always get tired, have tried preparing with pressups but still end up f*cked after an hour or so...Someone once told me you can tape a pound of lead onto your wrists if you are getting floaty hands, that is sposed to help, although I found it a bit weird...

Emma

My last tunnel visit was an hour, with 5 people. We were all dead at the end. It was too much for us. 6 people is a minimum for an hour as far as I am concerned. Just going in an relaxing would be fine, but then you wouldn't learn anything, and it would be an expensive way to relax.

-- Jeff
My Skydiving History

I've done an hour over 2 days, a little sore afterwords.

Went back a year later, and did 5 hours of team tunnel over three days, about 2 hours of flying time, and on the last day did 20 minutes of a 30 min block, with the last 10 min straight. Felt gooooood, I could tell I was getting stronger.

Last March did 4 hours over 3 days, and got a little over 2 hours of flying time, did not really phase me.

Have 3 hours scheduled in August, doing nothing but 4 way in the tunnel, 2 on2s with Shannon, and hopefully the rest of majic.
Looking forward to it.

Oh and this is all in the Skyventure tunnel in Orlando, I would not want to waste the money to fly in a Fly Away tunnel (Pigeon Forge/Las Vegas).

--
Jonathan Bartlett
D-24876
AFF-I

Try five days straight, an hour each night between four to three of us. The sixth night it was an hour for just two of us. Now that was fun. Not to mention that we also did the tourist thing during the day.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Nope no tunnel in texas.....if you goto the
skyventure's web site.......they have several being built one in jersey and the other one a skydive Perris
in ca. and of course the one already operational in orlando. According to their website it says the site in texas, dallas and houston are open to negoiation. so if they're any rich people out there. plz build a tunnel in texas dallas or houston. I'll surely drive to it.

B|

do a search throught the forums on wind tunnels.....and you'll find out the once in tennesee and nevada are just big fan underneth you. The better one is in orlando....and soon to be jersey and cali(skydive perris) and I am hoping texas someday

Well i just did some time in vegas, i did 7 3 min sessions and Im black and blue lmao. It was great fun but i spent a lot of time on the grill, howver I did learn a ton of shit, Like what movements make what happen. Theres some grand tunnel rats out there too. There a really cool crew. I had a blast while getting my ass, knees n everything else beat... I cam away with a ton of video and Hopefully It will serve me well for the remainder of my AFF. I'd definatly recommend it to anyone, and Im gonna make a point of going again for sure!

Hope you don't get Banned!

I usually take 10 mins per time, but I find that I get bored after 6 mins. 4 mins seems just perfect for me to practice my t-bone, back flys and flips! :)

It does get you sore, but once you know how to do a particular movement and relax then it doesn't hurt so much afterward.

Tunnel really helped me during freefalls :)
www.motavi.com

I did 3 hours at an NSL 4-way camp in November.

My energy level just kept going up the entire weekend. It's all about relaxing and enjoying it.

I WANT MORE

Really, if you want to get good, the tunnel is the greatest tool of all time.

Helps to be fit going in. Some of the 'less' fit types were hurting pretty bad at the end of the weekend.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants