INSANEDADDY

100th mexico beach jump

No pie yet......:P The DZ is in Playa Del carmen. It is 42 miles south of Cancun. It is about a 45 min bus ride from Cancun. Or a 30 minute scary cab ride.:o The plane is a very nice wide body 182. If I were to guess it was an late 70's early 80's model. Very clean. On the ride to altitude you can see Cozamel. Very beautiful.

I had a problem on the airline ride home. The feds at the airport hassled me about my rig. They had never seen a parachute before. They did not speak very good english. I explained to him how valuable it was. So I made a deal with one of the guys. I watched him put it on the plane. We were on the tarmack when we boarded the plane so I could see it being put on. It all worked out. Over all a very cool time..............

You dont't get to choose how you're going to die. Or when.......You can only decide how you're going to live........NOW.
-BASE 1605 Night BASE 227

The DZ is located at the ferry landing between Cozumel and Playa Del Carmen. USPA DZ, packing is not great as it is done in a tiled walk way with sand everywhere. Last year jumps were $30 US and get there early before the tandems show up as it is a tourist DZ

The pimp hand is powdered up ... say something stupid

I went there when I was in Cancun. Had a rental jeep for a day. The winds were really honkin and the beach looked to be about 10 ft wide. I would have had to wait about 4 or 5 hours for the tandems to show up before I could get on the plane. Made the decision not to jump that day and never made it back to Playa Del Carmen. I hate that I missed it. Took my rig to Mexico for nothing. The Margarittas were good though.

How do ya like it Johnny?

When were there there, it rained for 3 of the 7 days, and was windy the rest of the time. The ONLY day that it was really nice was the day we left... ha ha... but we were out on that beach at 7am....

Remember when sex was safe, and skydiving was dangerous?

How high did they take you for $30.00? Do you have any pics to post?

Btw, the rig hassling sounds awful. I am latin and fluent in Spanish, but it still would be a pain in my bum to deal with that. Do they have rental gear?

I don't know...when I finish setting up my rig, I may be picky about where I take her. I wouldn't want the feds manhandling her. :o Then again, with my own gear, I wouldn't be scared of what's inside the container and whether or not it will open, if you know what I mean. ;)

We got out at 10.5. :( I wish we could have went higher. I do have some pics to post but dont know how. I will scan them tonight

You dont't get to choose how you're going to die. Or when.......You can only decide how you're going to live........NOW.
-BASE 1605 Night BASE 227