spedbus

grounded before i'd ever really been up

so i take my first 10 second delay and all is well and fine. i'm doing great after having a few "issues" with the clear and pull section of my training.

don't ask.

so i'm starting to really get excited about this whole skydiving thing and guess what happens? i go and blow my appendix the very next day. i'll be out for 6 weeks.

i could kill my body but that would be defeating the purpose. B|

sorry to vent but i can't be the only one this has ever happened to. can i?

scott:(
You'll lose speed, but keep altitude. It will look like you have a choice, speed or height, but either way you're still gonna nose-dive into the ground.
-Chuck Palahniuk

Vent away! This is a great place for it. If you really want to vent and blow off steam, go to Talk Back and say something stupid :)

That said, that really stinks about your appendix. It's so not worth pushing, though. You have years and years to jump right, isn't that so?

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Poor Chuck!

How mean of your body to rebel at this time....and there is another guy who had some seriously rotten luck between his tandems and his AFF...Muenkel. he's been trying to get back into the air for at least a year...and now he's been sick again, right in the middle of it all...so no, you're not alone.

But you know what? the sky will wait, and they aren't banning skydiving soon. Get better, get healthy, and then return to the skies.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

Sucks to be human, keep your spirits up and next thing you know, you will be in the air again :)
Roy.........ps:

yer liver is a close relative to your appendix.....punish it with large quantities of alcohol........
They say I suffer from insanity.... But I actually enjoy it.

Chuck,

It will come in time, sorry to hear that story, but sometimes, all of us have had to postpone our jumping at some point. There is this guy Muenkel, that as Michele said, lives in the worst place for skydiving weather in the US, the northeast. I would like to encourage you and him to never give up and keep the positive attitude. Even Michele, has some sort of ailment that impedes another brave soul to take to the skies. Hang on in there, take care of yourself and blue skies....
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon