Zoter

You want me to do what...???

Hi everyone....I got a REALLY stoopid question..

Can someone explain in words....or link me to some decent sites ( pics and/or vids) to explain once and for all the different types of exit..!!
Poised....Float....Dive...and any others

I seem to get conflicting explanations ...and Im sure I have done them all..but I didnt know what it was called.[:/]

Thanks for the help !:)

When I do a floater exit I climb out of the door, look towards the prop and step out presenting my body to the relative wind. Not sure what a poised exit is but I think its like the AFF exit's. A dive is simply diving out of the plane:)
EDIT: I jump from an Otter, just to clear that up.

Poised - generally, a position inside the door where one person crouches then springs out, presented into the wind,

Floater - a jumper clinging to the outside of the plane, ready to present as soon as they release.

Diver - someone inside the plane who must run (hop, jump etc) out the door.

Superfloater - generally a floater that exits way before everyone else as an exit key.

Chunk - a group of jumpers (some either floating or diving) who leave with grips.

Freeflown exit -an exit where no one takes grips.

To me, poised is what we use for AFF students. On a C-182, Jumpmaster 1 stands on the edge of the wheel - very far out from the plane - hanging on the strut with one hand. The AFF student climbs out after him, stands on the foot pad next to the wheel, facing forward, with two hands on the strut. Jumpmaster 2 is in the door, ready to dive.

Poised allows the student to already be in a position where his body is presented correctly to the relative wind.

Grrrrrrrr....ACK....Grrrrrr...sry man...I just spent 45 mins typing out a detailed description of the exits from a c-182 that I'm familiar with....just as I click on "post reply"...my comp locks solid...Grrrrrr.....I'll try and type it again once I calm down :S

These are my definitions:

Out of an Otter:

Poised exit: would be right foot forward in the door, left foot back, slightly crouched with your back straight bracing yourself with both hands holding the frame of the door. Generally used in standard AFF otter exits although there are many other different kinds of exits, too. You also want your chin up and to step out sideways off the airplane with your body as presented into the prop blast as possible to achieve the most stable exit. I also like doing these exits for hop n pop accuracy exits out of the Cesna 206. Only difference out of the 206 is that I am crouched down on one knee instead of squatting (easy to spot like that too ;))

Floater exit: Just like a poised exit. Same idea in that you want a belly to prop blast presentation but you are either holding onto the airplane from the outside or holding onto the bar inside with at least half of your body exposed to the prop blast before exit. Floaters in 10 Way work against gravity and attempt to "float" to stay above the base while it launches so they can sink to it.

Diver Exit: You are inside the airplane fully before exit and are launching yourself out of the airplane in some fashion, usually in a head first like you were diving into a swimming pool orientation. Divers work with gravity and use gravity to their advantage and much of the time are attempting to get down to something.

Ride the slide Exit (One of my personal favorites): Go out and get 2 of your friends. (It is also fun to do solo). Sit train with your backs to the prop blast and if you can hold it "ride the slide".

Donut Exits: Very fun. Works well with 3, 4 or 8 (with cross grips). Also called "Tube" exits. Hold on tight to leg grips of the person ahead of you and don't forget to tuck.

Rodeo Exits: Saddle up with a partner and chase a chunked hybrid and then orbit it with other rodeos.

Scared Shitless exit: Kick and flail wildly with arms and legs, try and grab birds, PANIC and cry for help!!!
Roy Bacon: "Elvises, light your fires."

Sting: "Be yourself no matter what they say."