skydv

Have to quit... why is it so hard??

I think it was Heath Richardson that said,on the toughest part of of skydiving...
"The toughest part is to achieve balance.....this stuff does strange things to people". Or words to that effect. Wisdom beyond his years.:)
For most of us its NOT a way of life, it may be an obsession, but its still just a hobby........Try and maintain a little perspective. Your family life, and its maintenance must come first.
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

Mistake. You are making a mistake. There are millions of women you could share your life with, or parts of your life with. (some of these will be at a DZ near you soon!)

There is only one atmosphere. Only one life. Many people. Find someone who loves you for who you are and for what you live for. Give up skydiving now? Next year it'll be something else you love to proove your commitment, until all you're left with is bitterness and resentment for the person who cost you all you loved in life.

You're right. You need to stop something, and it will be hard, but it's not skydiving.

t
It's the year of the Pig.

Hang in there, and don't let it cause resentment which may affect you marriage.

I stopped skydiving for a few years, and never stopped missing it. One morning my wife asked me out of the blue if I still miss skydiving. When I said yes she said she thought I should take it up again.

I involve her quite a bit, and she has now become quite attached to spending time on the DZ with me and newly aquired friends. We both lead very busy lives and this is real quality time.

So with a little bit of luck things may work out for you as well.